How to keep a turbo nytro cool in the spring?

sfp

Reaction score
Rear cooler? Ski mounted scratchers ? Help!
Skid mounted scratchers are not enough going up the mountain.
Taking the sled apart now and would like to address the issue.
Thanks in advance.

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Install the MPI tunnel cooler kit, or if you have a rear mount then Van amburg makes a kit that would work with a rear mount. Delete the rad while your at it. I also went with a bottle of water wetter. Never had an issue in the spring at all.

sfp

Reaction score
Thanks for the info,I do have a rear mount and saw the VA kit .Sure would be nice if Van Amburg would return a phone call or Email. Are they still in business?
Anyone else ?
Thanks

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I am buying an 08 M8 rad that they have on the their sleds and mounting that under my tunnel at the rear on my apex. It sits low and just a rivot job on with some minor plumbing. Vent vent and vent some more on the hood. Ski scratchers are a must. Mountain magic sells a nice set.

Prairie Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had scratchers on the bottom of the running boards and never had a problem with it heating up once. That was on the stock tunnel and also on the Alpine tunnel.......never had an issue.

new_nytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will the Van Amburg cooler work with a tunnel dump exhuast? It looks like the lines would be in the way of the exhuast.

JamesS

Reaction score
Check your track tension, make sure you have all the factory boogie wheels on your rear skid (fronts are critical I have found), vent the hood, side panels, run a 50/50 mix antifreeze with water wetter, check cooling system for leaks and make sure you have the right cap

Top Bottom