How to catch a bunny?.....

malibumama

Member with many hats
Reaction score
We had a dwarf bunny.....they don't stay dwarf if you feed them well!

Also FS is onto something watch out....they bite, hiss, growl, jump and thump and can be evil little things and their bite HURTS.

We used oven mitts, wore long sleeved heavy coats (for sharp nails) and a blanket....and this was for our so called "pet" because once she was out of that cage, she didn't want back in!

RIP Moosom....
(Ill never get another bunny that's for sure!)

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's just not these little guys fault. An irresponsible pet owner decided to abandon them instead of finding them a home. So the adults multiplied. People need to be responsible for their pets and stuff like this wouldn't happen. If they were Jackrabbits, it would be different, but these little guys are domesticated babies with no wild adaptability. They are white. Like little marshmellows waiting to be plucked off, lol.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had a dwarf bunny.....they don't stay dwarf if you feed them well!

Also FS is onto something watch out....they bite, hiss, growl, jump and thump and can be evil little things and their bite HURTS.

We used oven mitts, wore long sleeved heavy coats (for sharp nails) and a blanket....and this was for our so called "pet" because once she was out of that cage, she didn't want back in!

RIP Moosom....
(Ill never get another bunny that's for sure!)

Yup I agree. I used to be a pet groomer and I had all kinds of evil bunnies in my shop, to demat and do their nails. Our bunnies have always been fun. Bun buns that just died did attack the washer repair guy, and she oinked like a pig when she was mad... but other than that she was sweet.

malibumama

Member with many hats
Reaction score
Moosom was our class pet and was GREAT with kids, just loved them. We used to let her hop around the class all day and she was "potty trained" too....
And the kids walked her to the park outside.

But man, trying to put her back in that cage was a 3 man job and quite the sight to see! All of us in winter jackets with oven mitts and blankets running and dive bombing around the class! As this rabbit is hissing and thumping at us Lol!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Moosom was our class pet and was GREAT with kids, just loved them. We used to let her hop around the class all day and she was "potty trained" too....
And the kids walked her to the park outside.

But man, trying to put her back in that cage was a 3 man job and quite the sight to see! All of us in winter jackets with oven mitts and blankets running and dive bombing around the class! As this rabbit is hissing and thumping at us Lol!

Haa haa ha That's awesome!!

ours was the same. She was a Jersey Wooley. She would put the run on the dogs. I'd let her out while I was gardening but she loved the doves. When she wanted to go back into her pen with the doves she'd bang on the door. In the winter she'd run around the house and freak people out. She was litter trained.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so there are three now. The last little guy is very tiny. Possibly a blocked tear duct so we're giving it a little extra tlc
newpics1774.jpg

newpics1777.jpg

newpics1776.jpg

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AWWWWWWW I WANT ONE NOW!!!!

just until they get big ok??

haa haaa Ok!! The good part about this adventure is that the kids are taming these bunnies. Their feet hardly touch the floor, so whoever adopts these bunnies will have little love buns.

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I came on viewing this forum thinking it was catching a different kinda bunny :p hahaha, do you think carrots and a fish net will work for the other kind too ? ;)

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I came on viewing this forum thinking it was catching a different kinda bunny :p hahaha, do you think carrots and a fish net will work for the other kind too ? ;)

haa haa haaa!!!! Maybe, but it better be an impressive carrot.....;)

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seriously... How do you catch little baby bunnies?

Some of you know, the kids and I volunteer at the animal shelter here. When we got home from feeding last night, the director phoned us and said she has a situation that could get ugly quick. About a year ago, someone let 2 rabbits loose up the road from us when they moved. These rabbits aren't spayed or neutered.... So now there are lots of little baby bunnies. She wants the kids and I to try to catch these bunnies, so they can be spayed and neutered then put up for adoption.

Anyone have ideas? Apparently they have some live traps for the kids and to use, but I was wondering if anyone has experience or a unique way of capturing these little guys.

thanks!

We used snare's when we were kids, not much fun to pet them when you took them out of the snare, there kind of stiff.

Also had a great German short hair pointer (dog) we'd turn him loose at the farm and he'd fetch the bunnies for you, always brought them back.

Just a couple ideas for you Momma :d

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
When I was younger living on the farm, my parents decided it would be a great idea to get some auction mart rabbits for us kids. We would raise them for meat and sell them. Sometimes we would have close to 100 of the critters. When they escaped we used a piece of stucco wire about 20 ft long to corral them. One person on each end and someone to chase them out towards the wire. When they hit the wire just circle them. Simple and works. Caught some wild ones that way as well.

Top Bottom