How to catch a bunny?.....

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seriously... How do you catch little baby bunnies?

Some of you know, the kids and I volunteer at the animal shelter here. When we got home from feeding last night, the director phoned us and said she has a situation that could get ugly quick. About a year ago, someone let 2 rabbits loose up the road from us when they moved. These rabbits aren't spayed or neutered.... So now there are lots of little baby bunnies. She wants the kids and I to try to catch these bunnies, so they can be spayed and neutered then put up for adoption.

Anyone have ideas? Apparently they have some live traps for the kids and to use, but I was wondering if anyone has experience or a unique way of capturing these little guys.

thanks!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
We gathered some up as kids, and lured them with carrots etc, and used a big fishing net to catch 'em........can use carrot bait with boxes and trip sticks too.......gotta be patient;)

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score

Some of you know, the kids and I volunteer at the animal shelter here. When we got home from feeding last night, the director phoned us and said she has a situation that could get ugly quick. About a year ago, someone let 2 rabbits loose up the road from us when they moved. These rabbits aren't spayed or neutered.... So now there are lots of little baby bunnies. She wants the kids and I to try to catch these bunnies, so they can be spayed and neutered then put up for adoption.

Anyone have ideas? Apparently they have some live traps for the kids and to use, but I was wondering if anyone has experience or a unique way of capturing these little guys.

thanks!

22's and bb guns work good and control the pop. at the same time lol. :beer::d

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
22's and bb guns work good and control the pop. at the same time lol. :beer::d

Noooooooo!!!!!!!!

Bad Norm!!!!

No wonder people are scared of the Dentist!!!!! You don't even like baby bunnies!!!
lol

Aud

Member to GBCA
Reaction score

thanks!
How do you catch a unique rabbit...u nique up on it!
:d

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i seen a grizzley bear hunting thread on here:eek::rolleyes: just sayin

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Elmer Fudd may have some good ideas .........

when we are perplexed today.... we will ask ourselves.... What would Elmer Do?.....

Funny I had him in my mind when the director was explaining the situation to me lol.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
You could maybe start a campground!

Doo the proper advertising for the "family friendly" rabbits eating out of children's hands, chance of seeing coyotes and foxes in their natural habitat....the possibilities are endless, eh!

Sort of happens on Vancouver Island a lot.....

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best way is to start feeding them in a certain spot and then introduce a live trap.
Or just set out some minni eggs,when the rabbits swing by to pick them up to make their Easter rounds just snatch em up!!.......haha" snatch"

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could maybe start a campground!

Doo the proper advertising for the "family friendly" rabbits eating out of children's hands, chance of seeing coyotes and foxes in their natural habitat....the possibilities are endless, eh!

Sort of happens on Vancouver Island a lot.....

:smiliestirthepot:

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best way is to start feeding them in a certain spot and then introduce a live trap.
Or just set out some minni eggs,when the rabbits swing by to pick them up to make their Easter rounds just snatch em up!!.......haha" snatch"

like putting grain down in one spot... good idea.. I like it.. Hopefully the hawks don't see them too...

hee hee... you said snatch....

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like putting grain down in one spot... good idea.. I like it.. Hopefully the hawks don't see them too...

hee hee... you said snatch....

why the hawks can probably catch them better than everybody else anyways. :eek:

you gots to dig a big hole and fill it with ashes. place a bunch of carrots in the center, when the bunnies come to eat you kick them in the ...... ah you get it..

hahaha snatch.:d

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why the hawks can probably catch them better than everybody else anyways. :eek:

you gots to dig a big hole and fill it with ashes. place a bunch of carrots in the center, when the bunnies come to eat you kick them in the ...... ah you get it..

hahaha snatch.:d

we can keep two... .name one flopsy... the other Stew...... just kidding!!!! These bunnies are friends not food......:p

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we can keep two... .name one flopsy... the other Stew...... just kidding!!!! These bunnies are friends not food......:p

ahh you ll never catch them then not enough desire in it. if your catching to feed yourself your more desperate so try harder. just sayin.
good luck. i like the big fish net idea though sounds the best so far.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ahh you ll never catch them then not enough desire in it. if your catching to feed yourself your more desperate so try harder. just sayin.
good luck. i like the big fish net idea though sounds the best so far.

yup I do too. The kids are looking for a big net as we speak....

Operation snatch a bunny is underway!

We'll take pics today, lol.. should be fun!

Top Bottom