How many times have you changed your belt?

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got 1400 miles on mine and only had to replace once. Once your weekend of riding is ruined because you shredded a belt and dont have a replacement and worse yet......had to get towed home by a can-am I'll bet you'll be prepared next time! I'm speaking from experience here! Don't get me wrong I like my can-am friends but I caught enough grief that time, it won't happen again! I'm usually prepared to fix on the trail since that day. I've even been known to replace can-am belts when needed. Of course not without letting him know a popo rider will be fixing it. 😎

At the end of the day it doesn't matter what you ride it's gonna break sooner or later. Main thing is fellow riders help each other to get them and their machine home safely.

So here's to another fun and exciting riding season! 🍻

Sent using Tapatalk HD

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1000km on my rzr570 with 28"zillas belt looked good but changed this winter when i put an slp clutch kit and team tied secondary in.now i have a spare just in case this new clutch eats belts.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4000 km on rzr 800 and never changed it.
3500km on rzr 900xp still going strong
5000 km on a 850 sportsman never changed it

None of those belts he been changed while I owned them

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Break a new belt in ,use your winch (better yet the other guys!) and use LOW range alot. If your on a BRUTE never back up ,the trail only goes forward.....

Who you trying to fool rzrgade? Isn't that the thought of any true ATV rider! Make your manufacture proud!

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
5000 KM on my 850 change it once when it was apart just cause and now i have a spare, and 2500 km on my rzr and its still original, all though the rzr may get one this spring just to be on the safe side.
I do like to pull the covers off at least once every year (or after a drink of water) and clean in there its amazing how much dust and sand get in there. I think maintenance and driving it right is key to good belt life.

Last edited:

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This thread is cursed........just blew my second belt last night after we got off the river.........too drunk to change on the side of the road so got pulled home by can-am..........again!

Top Bottom