How many times have you changed your belt?

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It seems like snowmobilers look after the clutches quite well but when it comes to their quads ....well not so good. I know when you swamp them and just leave them...wow what a big mess a couple years down the road.

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
4000km+ 29.5s can-am renengade 800 original belt.

tight belt grab is the key.... little things like trying to pull while winching will greatly reduce its life

higher n you

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
guilty! have only changed belt once on can-am 800 because i was pulling a sxs and wreked it. other than that never even inspected it or the wifes grizz. should be part of regular maintanace.

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am on my 4th belt in 1600km. 29.5 Laws on a Brute with no clutch kit doesn't go so well and my first belt was toasted by pulling another quad out of a hole instead of just winching. All of the belts are still usable for emergency situations but I replace them once they have been smoked and I finally learned how to set up my clutch properly with the clutch kit.

dean_jimmy96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have just about 4000k on my quad never changed the belt i pull the cover and check it every year tho

mudhunter

Reaction score
4200k one belt change that wasn't needed, just had the machine apart and did it... That belt is the spare... go through more cv boots and brake pads than anything

Mudhunter

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
would you let me in on how to set up the clucth, I use 2mm shims and clean it and slap it together. How do you do yours, thanks

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Done 2, I always end up being the one to tow the busted machines out.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Break a new belt in ,use your winch (better yet the other guys!) and use LOW range alot. If your on a BRUTE never back up ,the trail only goes forward.....

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Mines a 2007 Renegade that I ride alot, never looked at odometer, but I was out almost every second weekend all summer since new. Only toasted one belt in deep snow. I have 29" Mud bitch very heavy luggy tires and never had an issue. Keep the CVT cool and dry and it works good.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Break a new belt in ,use your winch (better yet the other guys!) and use LOW range alot. If your on a BRUTE never back up ,the trail only goes forward.....

Are you talking about backing out in a stuck situation, or just in general?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 yrs of hard riding, no belt change yet, may never need one, rangers seem to be indestructible, Been rode hard on all four wheels, two wheels and on both sides, tore up a couple bridges, litterly tore them up, (no one could cross after ranger-sized.). Lol put away wet more than once.
Carry a spare belt, ya just never know though

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm guilty too. Never even looked at how to change one if I need to. Don't carry a spare anyway. :)

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My old 97 kawi was still on its original belt. Only about 5000km on that machine. My current AC has about 1400 on it inspected it the other day blew all the dust out of everything belt was showing no signs of wear. Check em every so often blow the dust out and you should be good.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rzr 800s had 2600k with original belt and 28" mud bugs keep in mind I didn't have it long but was told it was original guy had no reason to lie was honest about more serious issues

900 xp has 800k factory belt everything stock so far

even taking the cover off and blowing the dust out of them helps big time I'm a clutch nazi and go thru them quite often

Top Bottom