How many sleds @ Boulder.

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Powderpuff, heard there was like 1000 trail passes sold @ boulder on the week-end! True/False? Just curious. I rode sicamous area all weekend and it was busy, but didn't see anybody down on the west side of the cabin. All untouched power and a little sunshine.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i doubt that. The parking lots werent even completely full.It was epic powder until i wiped out off my sled and dislocated my knee. So im home 4 days early and ill be out for 2 months. Powder was SICK. 3-5 feet in the alpine and lots of untouched. It was amazing. Sorry no pics as we were way to bust riding.

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i heard there was a lots of sleds around that area talked to a budy from there yesterday and he said the town was packed

bananaman

Reaction score
Website
www.safetyexpress.com
Just got back last night, tons of snow, visibility was crap but it was clearing yesterday, not too many sleds, we found enough to get seriously stuck.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We talked to some guys that had been there and said it was not busy and some good ridin. Ya on saturday the vis was some what good. But the pow was awsome. Lots of snow. Once my Knee gets better ill be headin to trout lake for a ride.

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Powderpuff, heard there was like 1000 trail passes sold @ boulder on the week-end! True/False? Just curious. I rode sicamous area all weekend and it was busy, but didn't see anybody down on the west side of the cabin. All untouched power and a little sunshine.

Just got back today from Glacier House on Boulder mountain, wasn't to busy i thought, powder was DEEP, minimun 3 feet. Visibility was crap (as normal in Revy, atleast for me) I wont be going back there anymore this early, spring rides for now on. Overall a good time except for buddies polaris snapped the primary clutch right off and i had to drag it down, definately a kodak moment having a cat pull down a polaris. Glacier House is awesome, cabin was great but a tad pricey with the food, but good food.

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
On the Thurs. the 27th we saw 450 riders on Boulder and 250 on Frisby, busiest I have ever seen it during the xmas holidays. Trucks, trailers, sleds everywhere. Friends drove in to town yesterday and said there were trucks parked on the hwy. at Quartz and people I talked to today said they were at Blue Lk. Fri. and vehicles were parked right down to the hwy. there too. Sounds like everyone and their dog went snowmobiling for their xmas holiday.:D

.08rider

Reaction score
I was in Quartx on Thurs and there was maybe only 15 trucks and only 4 four place trailers. Vis sucked and it was pretty tracked out.

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i doubt that. The parking lots werent even completely full.It was epic powder until i wiped out off my sled and dislocated my knee. So im home 4 days early and ill be out for 2 months. Powder was SICK. 3-5 feet in the alpine and lots of untouched. It was amazing. Sorry no pics as we were way to bust riding.

Did u ride your sled out or was that who the helicopter was for on, i believe Saturday morning on boulder? How did u wreck your knee (hit something, jumping etc.)?

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did u ride your sled out or was that who the helicopter was for on, i believe Saturday morning on boulder? How did u wreck your knee (hit something, jumping etc.)?

The helicopter was there to take a Snowhawk out. I don't know whose it was, but I saw it running out there on Friday. Saturday morning it had at least a foot of snow on it before the chopper came. Wifey got it on video, I will try to post some of it later tonight.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Well we just made it over Alberta hill(just before the last hill up to go to superbowl) And we were playin in all of the pow and i seen a guy stuck in a tree well by him slef. So i made my way over to him and asked if he needed a hand. He said he was ok but if i could go get his buddy to let him know where he was. So i went over and got his buddy and i started sleddin back over to him and it was kind of a side hill. So i hoped onto the right side of my sled and as i was headin back over to the guy in the tree well, I hit some hard pack(or some thing hard) And i sliped off my running boards(they were solid full of pow and would not clean out).After i slipped i smoked my knee off of the board i flew off my sled and i think from hittin it on the sled and falling into snow the wrong way it got all twisted. It was about 1.5" out of place. My buddy came over along with the 2 other guys and helpped pop it back in and then they helped me back to my sled and i rode back down to the parking lot. It was a long day. I would have gone to hospital in revy but i had a buddy who broke his back there a few years ago and AHC would not cover any of the 8k bill. So i went the next day. The doctor told me today that i would be out for a month or so. I hope not cause i wanna sled but i want it to get better. Ya i didnt need a heli ride down that bad. I tuffd it out.

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well we just made it over Alberta hill(just before the last hill up to go to superbowl) And we were playin in all of the pow and i seen a guy stuck in a tree well by him slef. So i made my way over to him and asked if he needed a hand. He said he was ok but if i could go get his buddy to let him know where he was. So i went over and got his buddy and i started sleddin back over to him and it was kind of a side hill. So i hoped onto the right side of my sled and as i was headin back over to the guy in the tree well, I hit some hard pack(or some thing hard) And i sliped off my running boards(they were solid full of pow and would not clean out).After i slipped i smoked my knee off of the board i flew off my sled and i think from hittin it on the sled and falling into snow the wrong way it got all twisted. It was about 1.5" out of place. My buddy came over along with the 2 other guys and helpped pop it back in and then they helped me back to my sled and i rode back down to the parking lot. It was a long day. I would have gone to hospital in revy but i had a buddy who broke his back there a few years ago and AHC would not cover any of the 8k bill. So i went the next day. The doctor told me today that i would be out for a month or so. I hope not cause i wanna sled but i want it to get better. Ya i didnt need a heli ride down that bad. I tuffd it out.

I feel your pain as i have dislocated my knee before, but not from sledding and yes that powder was decieving as the hard pack underneath was pretty hard

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The helicopter was there to take a Snowhawk out. I don't know whose it was, but I saw it running out there on Friday. Saturday morning it had at least a foot of snow on it before the chopper came. Wifey got it on video, I will try to post some of it later tonight.

Oh ya, I saw that snowhawk sitting at Glacier House all banged up, must of been rented from there, I look forward to the video.

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Damn thats crappy..I was hoping to have you down here one weekend...I picked up the tire by the way..

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i seen. no problem. I had enough oil bu nex time your through let me know and i can get more iff you need some. Ya but its feeling better already. Gonna go to the chiro to get it set in place for sure and then to the doctor and pysio for abit. They told me a month or so

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i feel ur pain to but it wasnt a knee or from sledding it was a shoulder...i dislocated 5 times n a week after the first time....it still pops in and out once in awhile but not often..

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last year i bruised my ribs from flying over a huge drift in near white out conditions...the handlebars just came out of nowhere lol....it hurt quite a bit, but as usual, i hopped back on the sled no problem....i felt the pain later

mountainbigbull

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the Thurs. the 27th we saw 450 riders on Boulder and 250 on Frisby, busiest I have ever seen it during the xmas holidays. Trucks, trailers, sleds everywhere. Friends drove in to town yesterday and said there were trucks parked on the hwy. at Quartz and people I talked to today said they were at Blue Lk. Fri. and vehicles were parked right down to the hwy. there too. Sounds like everyone and their dog went snowmobiling for their xmas holiday.:D

Funny you mention everyone and there dog. I did see a dog in front of a rider on a sled, up on Frisby.:):D

We just about never got a spot, I think we were about the last ones parked.

Top Bottom