How is this environmentally friendly

linksys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are only at IT4 (interim tier 4)....wait..... in a couple of years when we go to T4 "full tier 4", you will most likely be regenerating AND adding a second fluid to meet emissions (unless new technology comes out)....but it will be clean air coming out of your exhaust.

Sparky's

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I drive a new freghtshaker with the dd16 under the hood and it's piss burner. I haven't had a stitch of problems! The older regen systems are crap. I have put on 50,000km on it without any regen problems, even in the -35 temps! The freezing up comes with not letting them run long enough to thaw out the DEF fluid so the engine can Bruno and keep the filter clear. The environment stuff, sucks and there won't be many ways to get around it in the years to come. One can only hope that they improve the systems in the years to come!

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
these must be older engines as well. as as far as i know Cat does not have an epa 2010 engine. they built a of units that were supposed to, on paper anyways, make epa 2010 regs. engines cannot do it so trucks cannot be delivered from factory for on road use. Cat used to the king of the road in diesel engines not so much the story anymore. the only "legal" way that guys are getting around the epa 2010 crap is by purchasing a glider truck and retrofitting it with their own engine. however i believe the said glider must be ordered in such a fashionn that it is replacing an older unit so to speak so it only has to comply with the regulations that were in effect for the year of the unit it is replacing. we have buil three units so far this year that were gliders. 2 petes and a fruit liner.
you are right on the glider kits you can not buy them unless it is to replace a unit that has been legally wrote off. Has to have insurance paperwork to back it up and it takes usually a year to get it.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you are right on the glider kits you can not buy them unless it is to replace a unit that has been legally wrote off. Has to have insurance paperwork to back it up and it takes usually a year to get it.
and no more kenworth glider kits. only petes and 'star.

Rneddel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard that urea(DEF) is actually causing a lot of problems especially during Winter

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I think anything to do with emissions overall is a pain. Noticed urea greatly improves milage. Our 2012 with urea only burnt 3000l this month less than the 09. There is a few variables but still.

Since god turned the lennox up a little, I've used the proheat. No calling for a regen since. Now I'm just polluting the enviro silently

I'm sure a few of your stacks out there in s&m look like this

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327703289.620615.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327703289.620615.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and no more kenworth glider kits. only petes and 'star.
you can still get freight liners as well as i have another one coming this summer for a tandem install.

Rneddel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should see the new trucks at my work that have super singles. looks different

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can still get freight liners as well as i have another one coming this summer for a tandem install.
What you riging up? service rig? water drill? Fruitliners are defiantly not my favorite... too many white wires!!

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should see the new trucks at my work that have super singles. looks different
What are you hauling with the big boots? I like the idea of the surface area and longer wear but its hard to wrap my mind around the blowouts. Hell of a bang for one, and your kinda stuck right there. Good tire guy is 10-15 minutes to swap one out, but, can be hours for him to show up.....

Rneddel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are you hauling with the big boots? I like the idea of the surface area and longer wear but its hard to wrap my mind around the blowouts. Hell of a bang for one, and your kinda stuck right there. Good tire guy is 10-15 minutes to swap one out, but, can be hours for him to show up.....

I completely agree. I think there more expensive than two as well

Top Bottom