How heavy is your Back Pack.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like it said, how heavy is your pac ready to go strapped to your back. Mine is an ABS and weight is right around 18lbs.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow Pulse highmark 22 with survival gear only-no food-19lbs. Oh yea-spare gloves too.

evil1

Reaction score
i have not weighted my float 30 bag but it down right sucks to wear,,,thinking on getting rid of it for cheaap,,anyone have any info on avy vest by snow pulse,,with armour

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have not weighted my float 30 bag but it down right sucks to wear,,,thinking on getting rid of it for cheaap,,anyone have any info on avy vest by snow pulse,,with armour

We have them at the store. People have had really good feedback relating to their comfort and versatility.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't ever weighed my SnowPulse loaded, I know its lighter than any pack that I backpack with in the backcountry during the summer so I don't notice it much.

I have a tunnel bag now that I am starting to move all non essentials like my lunch, tow ropes, spare gloves goggles to keep a little weight off me so I can move like Jagger out there :)

Biggest thing people tend to do with sled packs is keep the weight on their shoulders. Thats wrong. Just like any other pack you should rest the weight as best as you can on your hips. Yeah I know, some of you haven't found your hips in years, especially under your sled gear. But if you want to save yourselves some back pain, invest into packs that have proper weight bearing straps and take the weight off your shoulders. A 20 pound pack can feel like 5 if properly worn.

sscamaro_skwark

Reaction score
I have an ortovox backpack with SPS spine protection system, & a BRP soft tunnel/backpack bag. It works wonder to be able to carry light essential avalanche/survival gear only on your back & extra survival/food/rescue equipment on the tunnel. Not to mention I love how one can toss it off in a safe place in reach of other riders while you do a big climb or what have you. Ps don't forget asswipe in your main pack, it comes in handy in MANY SITUATIONS!!!!

maxbed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on how much beer...
x2 depends on how much beer or if i want to bring up another bottle to but thaats half the reason i got a body protecter so it takes some of the weight off haha

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A buddy has been lending me his Snowpulse Highmark 30 the last couple years and with all my crap in it, it's just over 30lbs. With the new sled this year, I'm making an effort to get as much of the survival stuff as possible (not avy stuff) in/on the sled and out of the pack. The Sled Solutions under seat bag for the Pro kicks butt for that.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
snowpulse highmark 30 loaded with shovel,probe,2 sets of gloves, 2 pairs of goggles,a saw,2 big g2 gatorade bottles,gps and spot,2 extra long sleeve shirts,spare belt,and factory doo tools havent weighed the bag yet but it really isnt that heavy when worn properly it actually feels lighter than my hmk bag I would say 30 lbs or more with everything

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snowpulse Highmark 22 - only carry survival gear and 1st aid equip in it - 24 lbs. I use a skinz tunnel bag for gloves / water, sidewinder clutch bag for belt / tools, and the seat cave for everything else.

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ski-Doo Altitude Pack:
-Shovel, Probe, Saw, Tow Kit, Rattler Snow Bungee (the one with the handle), Ortovox First Aid Kit, 2 Bottles of Gatorade (750ml), sometimes 1 water, Sandwich and or chocolate bars, Go pro helmet cam, Extra goggle lens, 2 pairs of gloves. Not much room for anything else.

Haven't weighed it but doesn't feel like much, i hardly notice it while wearing and keep the back warm, i actually prefer riding with a pack, feels odd when i don't wear it.

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
, i hardly notice it while wearing and keep the back warm, i actually prefer riding with a pack, feels odd when i don't wear it.[/QUOTE]

I agree I feel like something is missing if I happen to go for a quick trail ride around our house. And yes it really helps to keep warm.

Top Bottom