How do you load and unload your sled deck?

LB_

Reaction score
For those of you who frequently load and unload your sled deck, how do you do it?
...borrow a buddy or two, use a forklift,...?:confused:

cdnemsguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I lift the front of the deck and lift it up almost vertical and have the wife back up slowly until it almost hits. Then I pull it down and all I have to do is lift the back abit and slide it forward, Its easier to do than to explain forsure, but it works.

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a pole about 12 feet in the air between two trees with a pulley on it, sling from each corner of the deck, run a rope thru the pulley to my other truck and pull it up. drive the truck in or out, easy when you have the space, helps to live on a acreage.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get the old bag of snakes to help me. It's especially tough as it has a beavertail. We just tip it back and drag the front legs onto the tailgate which is the tough part. Then I just pick it up from the beavertail and push it into the box.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lift the front up, slide a barrel under the front, drive truck under the front and walk the rest in. easy peasy, helps if ya got muscle.

Last edited:

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I pick up the front and put a 2x4 under the front corner to hold it up,back the truck under the front legs,remove board and lower onto truck,pick up the back end of the deck and slide it in. 5 min and it's in.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
back up to snow bank, tailgate down ;) line up sled, pin it, replace rr window :(

Then blame wife for not saying WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH STOPPPPPPPPPPP, then crack another beer and sleep in garage haha

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
back up to snow bank, tailgate down ;) line up sled, pin it, replace rr window :(

Then blame wife for not saying WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH STOPPPPPPPPPPP, then crack another beer and sleep in garage haha

hehe, just the way i do it too. hehehe

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought of a way once, have the 4 camper jacks and clip them on. Just use some brackets that clip to the 4 sidewalls of the deck. Then again, buy a case of beer and have a deck removal party with some friends.

:beer::d :beer:;) :beer::) :beer::cool:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a a frame that I have 4 chains to each corner to 1 main chain hoist.

Hoist it up , drive the truck out and let it down.

from my HTC

SNAFU

Reaction score
I have a cross trax deck and it will stand on its back end. So, lift the front of the deck to stand deck vertical on its back end. Back up truck with tail gate down. Get in box and lower front of deck to rest on tail gate. Get back on the ground and lift back of deck up level and push forward. You have to push it at a bit of an angle to bridge the gap between the tail gate and box. My truck is line-x'd and the deck slides easy. I can do this by myself, but it is super easy with two people. My wife backs up the truck and helps lift the deck.

Studder

Reaction score
I have a 8' Cross trax's. Attached 4 10" wheels to front and rear legs. Pressured up tires just enough to clear all high spots when unloading and flatten them out when clamped down in truck. Rolls easily on to a 4x8 sheet with supported sawhorses. Works like a charm.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tilt mine up on its back legs, walk it up to the tailgate. Set it down. Then lift up the back and push it in. I can have it in or out of the truck like that by hand in less than 5mins.

Top Bottom