How Do You Get A Moose Of The Trail ?

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It Made me sick
I hope they find the idiot and charge him.
This is not good for sledders or gun owners.
He post it showing all the tree huggers and gun control people.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They stay on the trail because they feel very vulnerable in the deep. They often get run down by trains because they won't go into the deep.

We had a Moose on the trail on a very steep switchback logging road so we stopped, shut the sleds off and cracked a beverage. The Moose would not move...after about 10 minutes we heard a weird sound and this calf scrambled up the bank right beside us, scared us.

yes and this was for sure a cow... probably a combo of two things... calf near buy and the sled trail sure makes for good walking... master energy conservers ...you have to be to servive the winter on dead twigs alone... this fool had plenty of chances to turn off... he shoulda got outta there the second she lowered her head with her ears down... any idiot should be able to read that...

i don`t believe you carry a glock if you expect to shot a `dangerous moose.. you carry a shotgun with slugs or a riffle... no one should ever attempt to shot a moose with a handgun... just makes greenies have an excuse to say hunting is cruel... this moose went down quick... i doubt she died that quick

robb

Reaction score
what an idiot

No kidding. Did you see how he stands up and guns the throttle a few times as he got closer ? Show aggression to a moose and they will return the favor !! You can't charge at them without expecting them to charge back.

jerrydecoy

Reaction score
That guy is a d-bag and I hope fish n game hammers the chit outta him. If you don't know how to handle wildlife encounters and you can't get your sled off the trail a lil to allow the moose to pass then stay the f$ck outta the mts. There was multiple spots to pull off. Bad decision making from the start!

Sent from my iPhone using

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seemed like he had plenty of opportunity to avoid the situation. But... I really don't think that he went out with the intention to shoot a moose. Also just because someone is riding a sled, doesnt mean thay are an ambassador for the sport. There are assholes out there everywhere. I'd much rather read about an a-hole that shot a moose with a handgun than a story about a guy getting trampled by a moose. who knows, he may have had kids with his group as well.

Last edited:

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw this on FB a couple days ago and was shocked. This guy is a cruel, heartless IDIOT! Why on earth would you need to be packing around a Glock when you're sledding in the first place? He seemed to be pretty quick on the draw as well, so makes me think what else this moron would be shooting out there, and why you'd need to be packing a loaded gun??
I read one story about this and it mentioned he was with his son so WOW, what an awesome father figure! There was several options this sorry excuse for a human being could have taken, but he chose to be all tough and go all trigger happy on the poor moose....and the worst part is to leave it there to suffer. This idiot deserves to get caught and punished....I bet he really regrets bragging about his efforts by posting this sick video on the web! :(

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seemed like he had plenty of opportunity to avoid the situation. But... I really don't think that he went out with the intention to shoot a moose. Also just because someone is riding a sled, doesnt mean thay are an ambassador for the sport. There are assholes out there everywhere. I'd much rather read about an a-hole that shot a moose with a handgun than a story about a guy getting trampled by a moose. who knows, he may have had kids with his group as well.

all good points... someone also had some good points but said, he drew to quickly... i disagree with that... what he did wrong was pushed his luck... did the glock model 22 40 cal probably help him push his luck by giving him a better sence of security... i bet it did! But draw too quickly he did not... he was already pasted the point of no return when he shot her... he`s lucky she didn`t stab him to death with her hooves the first time she was on his machine... his mistakes was pushing his luck because he didn`t care and was carrying a gun... just on a side note... you wonder if he is a convervation officer or sheriff or municiple cop of some kind... black gun hog grip sound law enforcement to me... he had plenty of time to turn off... but if i had a gun and my kids with me... ya he was pasted the point of turning around

general only thing i meant in my earlier post by shooting a moose is wrong with a hand gun was earlier someone said something to the effect that maybe a known aggressive moose was known to be in the area... if that`s the case i don`t believe you carry or should carry a handgun for the job...

Last edited:

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember earlier in the year someone posted a news article where some guys on a sled basically herded wild animals with their sleds, posted the vid on net, and were fined when cops saw it. So I wonder if something similar will happen here - guessing shooting a moose this time of year at that location was against some law.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody on the site carry a handgun with them when they go sledding? I wouldn't be surprised he was looking to be an internet sensation.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree if he was really too quick to draw he would have shot her the first time she tried to kick him in the face.
I've been in the Same situation about 4 times in my sledding life but fortunately the moose has always walked off the trail before I got within 100 yards or so.

Thegeneral

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure why the moose was so aggressive, probably had a good reason. But you can rule out the calf scenario since that moose is a bull. Look at the bell under its throat. Cows don't have such a big bell. Also, if you stop the video at 34-35 sec, you can clearly see where his antlers were before they dropped. Possible scenario is the bull may have been just chased or attacked by wolves or a cougar, making him quite aggressive. Fight or flight when it comes to that. Something obviously made him pissed off. Sledder was at the wrong place at the wrong time. Or maybe buddy on the sled was chasing him down the trail for a ways, moose finally had enough. You don't know what was going on before he posted the video. I'm not an expert, but I have never heard of moose attacking "just because." Either way, it is mind boggling that he was packing a hand gun. Cougars in the area?

Last edited:

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does "stand your ground" apply to moose? Or just teenagers armed with skittles?
Back away with moose. You can even run away with moose. They likely won't chase for long, and unlike predators you won't trigger a prey scenario. It charged because he kept pushing closer.
He could have easily just put it in reverse and given it more room. The moose was headed towards the clearing. Once there the guy would have had lots of space to get past it. Handled all wrong.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw this on FB a couple days ago and was shocked. This guy is a cruel, heartless IDIOT! Why on earth would you need to be packing around a Glock when you're sledding in the first place? He seemed to be pretty quick on the draw as well, so makes me think what else this moron would be shooting out there, and why you'd need to be packing a loaded gun??
I read one story about this and it mentioned he was with his son so WOW, what an awesome father figure! There was several options this sorry excuse for a human being could have taken, but he chose to be all tough and go all trigger happy on the poor moose....and the worst part is to leave it there to suffer. This idiot deserves to get caught and punished....I bet he really regrets bragging about his efforts by posting this sick video on the web! :(

either your with us or your with the moose. Freedom ain't free! Lol

Top Bottom