How do I reset my Outy?

ICANAM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.. I am wondering how to reset the "maintenance soon" light on my Outlander 800. Does anyone know how? Just trying to save a few bucks on oil changes by doing them myself. Thanks! :d:beer::d

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can do the oil change yourself, but the dealer has to reset the maintenance message.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can do the oil change yourself, but the dealer has to reset the maintenance message.

we call it the 50 dollar light,,,but usually the dealer will doo it for free,,the gotta hook a laptop to it for it to go out..why wouldent they put a reset button on it..bastages!

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we call it the 50 dollar light,,,but usually the dealer will doo it for free,,the gotta hook a laptop to it for it to go out..why wouldent they put a reset button on it..bastages!

That's why.

ICANAM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol..I guess I'll let them do the oil changes then...I just thought it'd be something that was easy to hack..thanks guys. :d:beer::d

Dynamic

Reaction score
Wow that is quite the scam. I refuse to let any one other than me do change oil on any of my cars/toys and this would seriously make me mad! So even if I change it myself I have to haul my quad and hour away to get some dealer to reset the light??? Wow

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Lol..I guess I'll let them do the oil changes then...I just thought it'd be something that was easy to hack..thanks guys. :d:beer::d

I just live with the flashing message... that will be the day I take a quad in to a dealer for an oil change unless its the first time and they set my valve lashing and such. It won't hinder any warranty work they have to preform on it and They will usually reset it for free.

atver

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another joy from BRP. Great equietment, just need to see the dealer way to much.

Top Bottom