How do i get the spindle off!! M800

AGGRESIVEZEBRA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2013 m800 and am getting some parts painted. trying to get the spindle off and having no luck. i cant get the top a-arm out of the spindle. is there something im missing. took the nut off and tried hitting it out to no luck. ive tried taking taking all weight off the front end. is there something im missing? Thanks

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
try hitting it with some heat, preferably heat gun and not a torch. To hot and you'll melt the rubber seals. Shouldn't take much then use a rubber mallet to pop them loose.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Careful on powdercoating the upper control arms, the ball joints are not removable and the heat will damage the plastic insert. And the balljoints are not replaceable.

Try hitting the spindle with a rubber deadblow with the nut loosened but not completely off.

If that doesn't work, loosen the nut on the ball joint so the top of the nut sits completely flush to the stud of the ball joint, take a big punch or extension from a 1/2" ratched, and put it on the nut from straight underneath, and then try and whack the extension with a 5lb mini sledge. Leave the weight of the sled on the control arms, or get someone large to hold the upper control arm down and stand on the ski so you don't waste all the energy from the hit into moving the sled/ suspension.

If it does pop that way the nut will stop the works from flying apart, and the nut also protects the threads on the ball joint.

Last edited:
Top Bottom