How about Powder King

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you want to include Powder King or not.Not sure if there have to many people who have made the trip up there .

GRD

Reaction score
Powder King

It is about two hours east of Prince George, BC. Located in the Pine Pass. between Chetwynd and Prince George. Great place with incredible snow! Lots of people from Dawson Creek ride there.

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been there,and it was the best riding I've ever been in.Average snow fall is 100 ft.Rode right off the ski hill.If a person has never bee there,it's a must trip at least once in a life time.Located between MacKenzie and Chytwyn.You will not go wrong.

BigDog67

Attachments

• 3493.jpeg
    3493.jpeg
    31 KB · Views: 50

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Re: Powderkeg

HEY BIG BUNNY, WHEN ARE WE GOIN' :snowmobilers_wave: WE NEED A GOOD LONG TRIP, BUT I IMAGINE THAT'S ALMOST A DAY DRIVE IN ITSELF??? ISN'T BARKERVILLE OUT THERE SOMEWHERE TOO?? THAT'S WHERE THEY HAVE THAT HUGE HILL CLIMB COMPETITION, ISN'T IT??
-THUNDER BUNNY

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Last year at xmas time we were to go for a week in that area rooms booked guides planned just to have to cancell because of very icy conditions. Did not have any snow down low just ice. We will be trying again for sure

boondoc7

Reaction score
I live in Mackenzie , 30 min from powderking
im there every weekend and if you say theres good snow...Youre right
last winter 06/07 we had about 2 dozen days where we were rippen up 4 feet of fresh dry pow!~bottemless

COME TO POWDERKING ENJOY REAL POWDER

2001 800 summit highmark 151~cant go wrong

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I believe there was a post on here about a lot of interest in going to Mackenzie,Would be a blast!
Now that we have a guide it even sounds more intriging!
catmando!

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have never gone myself but riding group goes there for first ride usually Nov 11 weekend and they say it is great. Ride the skihill mostly and have a blast. Then they go to P.G., McBride area and back home. Always come home smillin'. Average snowfall unusually high without big elevation?:thumbsup2:

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Re: Powder King

It is about two hours east of Prince George, BC. Located in the Pine Pass. between Chetwynd and Prince George. Great place with incredible snow! Lots of people from Dawson Creek ride there.

Quaded yrs ago in the Pine Pass with BAD ASS & family, Very nice country. Hear it is good riding from some of the Dawson boys.

Quagmire

Senior Sunburnt Member
Reaction score
Would like to check out the area. But, need to go with a group that knows the area. Hey, Ron we should check it out...
Steve

muskegman

Reaction score
My inlaws just moved to the Pine Pass they are thinking of re-opening the Silversands Resort cafe and gas bar. It is 45 minutes SW of Chetwynd and 10 minutes from Powderking. Going Quadding there in two weeks to look for sled riding areas. Any extra info on trails ect. would be helpfull.

Quagmire

Senior Sunburnt Member
Reaction score
Post some pics when you get back. Like to see what the area looks like.
Steve
My inlaws just moved to the Pine Pass they are thinking of re-opening the Silversands Resort cafe and gas bar. It is 45 minutes SW of Chetwynd and 10 minutes from Powderking. Going Quadding there in two weeks to look for sled riding areas. Any extra info on trails ect. would be helpfull.

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode Silver Sands last year and it was awsome.It's just a rough trail in.Good thing it's niot a far ride in.

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for the extreme ride ,,Beaver Creek is fun to get into,,, but lot's of room to play uptop once your in..

:mountainClimb:

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Access is down powerline just north of the ski resort. Trail in is challegening if the trail is hard packed, up the powerline about a km, then there is a handcut trail through the bush tell you hit beaver creek, then shoot up beaver creek to the alpine, and away you go.... I have also heard of guy's unloading at the ski hill crossing the highway and shooting staright up the mountain on top and come in the south side of beavercreek ride area,,, when we went up there condition's were hard packed, but found some lose stuff to play in.....

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've rode Beaver Creek, Powder King, Silver Sands and Hasler. the bad part about Beaver creek and Powder King is that you park beside the highway, every time I've been to either place someone's vehicle has been broken into and cleaned out. they just smashed the side windows out and did their thing. Hasler parking lot is about 50 km off the highway and you don't have to lock your vehicle even, Silver Sands you can jump on the sled right from the lodge.

quick story about the awesome people most mountain sledders are, about 5 years ago in Hasler a dude fired up his sled in the parking lot and when he blipped the throttle it stuck and went flying across the parking lot by itself and smacked into my pickup, right into the drivers' side rear wheel. the guy's sled was badly damaged and he was done for the day. this happened after we had left the parking lot, and we are usually one of the last groups off the mountain. this guy sat there ALL DAY waiting for us to return to let me know what happened (he was in deep pow the day before in Powder King), the only thing I could see on the wheel was a clean spot where it hit on the rim, otherwise no damage at all. I thanked him for hangin' around for us, and gained even more respect for my fellow sledders.

Top Bottom