houston to prince rupert riding.

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody live in this range of area that wants to swap trail info? I live in the smithers area and know lots of riding area but its always nice to know more.

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi skid, I have not had the oportunity to do any riding in your area of interest but I have a Garmin GPS Unit and a lot of their MapSource Software. I spent some time on my computer checking out the area West of Telkwa and would apreciate it very much if you have some tracks/waypoints to share for this area. I have also spent some time, on the computer, Exploring the Kitsault area on the Alice Arm, two ways to get into that area, one off the #37 Hwy Cassiar Highway at Cranberry Junction and the other is Hiway #16 and the West Kalum FSR. Also lookig for information on the Old BC Railway that was to starts at Fort St James and Run to Dease Lake. Apperantly, Bed Laid, Bridges installed Track laid to a point called Minaret, still 281 km's South of Dease Lake.
Bruce.

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a lot of trails between Houston and Hazelton, but don't have much experience beyond Hazelton ( other then Red Rose ) I have a lot of weigh points from google earth on my computer so if you are looking for some riding in those areas I might be able to help you.

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AB RANGER, the rail bed does exist and i know a few people that have ridden it, not really my riding style but you would definatly see some nice area. I have riden up the west kalum FSR but it doesn't go through to kitsault area, there is a bridge that is washed out at around 38km, I think you might be thinking of the nisga highway which is on the other side of the lake. BUt if you are ever up in that area there is some really good riding by hart farm and red sand lake on the kalum west FSR. Whitegold do you have names of the staging areas? I've riden alot of area up here but always looking for new stuff. I've been to all the main areas like the dome, power lines iin telkwa, keyton lake in hazelton, east boulder, silvern lakes, microwave, telkwa pass...etc.

Top Bottom