hotels in golden

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at coming out to golden this wed,thu what hotels do you guys suggest? also new to this area if anyone wants to hook up for those days that would be great.:d

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at coming out to golden this wed,thu what hotels do you guys suggest? also new to this area if anyone wants to hook up for those days that would be great.:d
golden rim in is great, they give a sledder discount, have a suana, hot tub, pool, waterslide, and nice restaurant, pub and good draft beer.

DragonDiva

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
golden rim in is great, they give a sledder discount, have a suana, hot tub, pool, waterslide, and nice restaurant, pub and good draft beer.

That is where we stay all of the time. Just make sure they know you are sledding. The price per night is very different for sledders versus skiers. Canbe up to $30 different. They also have kitchenettes in some rooms if needed. Rooms are clean, pool is nice and the restaurant is very good.

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Golden Rim is a good place to stay. The Sportsman is a sponsor of the Calgary club and has a sledder special - $72 for the room, even if there are 2-3 of you in the room.

I am going to give them a try when the Calgary club has a ride Dec 18th.

powpounder

Reaction score
Don't pick the Super 8. The old bastard that runs it or owns it (whatever) is one grumpy son of a #@#$*. Bunch of us stayed there one trip last year and never again. We could do nothing to please him. Its not like we were a loud bunch getting drunk till all hours of the morning. (our light were out by midnight)

Pro-Am Chris

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
If you stay at the Golden Rim I dare you to order the Hacksaw Burger in the restaurant. Sportsman is also good!

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the sprotsman all the way they give a sledder discount $72 a night with hot tub sauna pool and waterslide also has fridge toaster and microwave in the room and well lit parking lot definately recomend this place as well as the golden rim

landogriffin

Reaction score
I was at the sportsman last weekend, I got an additonal 110$ charge for smoking in the room....and none of us smoke. I inquired about the charge and they were very rude on the phone. I dont recommend the sportsman.:mad:

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you stay at the Golden Rim I dare you to order the Hacksaw Burger in the restaurant. Sportsman is also good!
I ate the whole thing last year, waitress was very impressed and remembered me by name the next time I was there....:d

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was at the sportsman last weekend, I got an additonal 110$ charge for smoking in the room....and none of us smoke. I inquired about the charge and they were very rude on the phone. I dont recommend the sportsman.:mad:

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks too all of you who replied, Buddy backed out and I won't be heading out, chitty. Look forward to checking golden out later in the season.

rgutmann

Reaction score
Golden Rim, have been staying there for the past four years. Good food, pool, water slide, can drink beer in hot tub, reasonable rates and have always been looked after. Can't ask for more.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stayed at the best western, bigger rooms, a lot nicer, ask for sledders rate, same price as the rim. 3 beds in room works well, just no parking lot security and tough to park 27 foot trailers.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks too all of you who replied, Buddy backed out and I won't be heading out, chitty. Look forward to checking golden out later in the season.

I'm gonna see if our crew wants to hit Golden in mid March this year when the days start getting a bit longer.:cool:

badgerstauffer

Reaction score
Mary's Motel has always been good to us, it's not a five star place but it's nice with good rates and nice big courtyard style parking lot to keep an eye on your rig.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sportsman Lodge has a good deal on. Stay one night get the 2nd half off, or stay 2 nights get the 3rd free. Heading out there with a crew Dec 3-5th!

Top Bottom