Hot Tubs

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
I have a Arctic Spa. We bought it second hand 6 years ago. We use it all the time, no issues at all with it.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where is the best/cheapest place to buy chemical/bromine pucks/powder? Crappy Tire didn't look any cheaper than Neptune Pool in Salmon Arm last time I looked... tia

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We did look at arctic, but are pockets aren't that deep. They are nice though......

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
We have the Artic Yukon model, it a 7x7 the 2 corners are fairly deep. I fill the tub as much as I can. The one thing I wish it had is a maintenance free exterior. The south and west sides of the tub need to be stained every year.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the people with allergies look for a salt water system. Way easier on clothes and skin and way less messing around treating the water. I've had my arctic spa for 3 yrs now and love it. Picked it up one year old out of a show home in edmonton for 5k. New was close to 14k.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
get a ozonator installed and no more chemicals. Got one installed about 8 years ago and zero issues. Water is always clear and no suds etc etc.

Where is the best/cheapest place to buy chemical/bromine pucks/powder? Crappy Tire didn't look any cheaper than Neptune Pool in Salmon Arm last time I looked... tia

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
get a ozonator installed and no more chemicals. Got one installed about 8 years ago and zero issues. Water is always clear and no suds etc etc.

Correct,,,,,

Val Senio
Royal LePage
780-405-9359

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
P2150004.jpg

good deal for yah..........Trashy :D

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score

We were told about these too and it sounds like a good route to go

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
A question, to those who bought new and a new install.....

Did you pull a permit, before proceeding? I don't see the point, but thought I'd ask the question

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A question, to those who bought new and a new install.....

Did you pull a permit, before proceeding? I don't see the point, but thought I'd ask the question

Yes get a permit. Also electrical permit.
Special breaker required.

If you ever want to sell your place both permits required.

About 1000.00 for breakers and wiring installed by electrician.

Val Senio
Royal LePage
780-405-9359

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I personally would not go back to chemicals. If you talk to the hot tub guys they try to persuade you otherwise as they would lose chemical sales but 8 years and no issues at all.

We were told about these too and it sounds like a good route to go

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What procedures do you use to keep Alkalinity, PH and water hardness (calcium) balanced if you don't use chemicals? Or are you just referring to sanitizer chemicals ie bromine/chlorine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't use any chemicals including PH etc. We do have a bit of calcium build up around the jets but not enough to do anything about it (very little).

What procedures do you use to keep Alkalinity, PH and water hardness (calcium) balanced if you don't use chemicals? Or are you just referring to sanitizer chemicals ie bromine/chlorine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when I first started with the ozonator I did for about a year and half as the hot tub company that I bought the system from suggested I did until I got comfortable with how my water source performed with it. Since I never had any issues I stopped checking years ago.

Do you check ph and alkalinity balance or are you just assuming it's ok?

higher n you

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the top of the line dynasty tub with all the bells and whistles, stereo, fancy lights and waterfalls bla bla....biggest POS I've ever owned. Speakers rusted out, tub stereo controls quit working, lights are intermittent, replaced both motors 2x, repaired more leaks than I can count, tub control decals flaked off, all the line valves don't seal and constantly leak, jet air controls don't work, volcano control leaks excessively, The covers are insanely expensive because they have to be formed around the raised speakers. Stay far away from Dynasty.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and I bet you rarely used all the bells and whistles and simply sat in soaking up the heat. 20 years ago we bought a "fancy" hot tub with lots of jets. What a waste of money so the next one was a $5,000 tub with none of that and never regretted it.

I bought the top of the line dynasty tub with all the bells and whistles, stereo, fancy lights and waterfalls bla bla....biggest POS I've ever owned. Speakers rusted out, tub stereo controls quit working, lights are intermittent, replaced both motors 2x, repaired more leaks than I can count, tub control decals flaked off, all the line valves don't seal and constantly leak, jet air controls don't work, volcano control leaks excessively, The covers are insanely expensive because they have to be formed around the raised speakers. Stay far away from Dynasty.

Top Bottom