Hot Tubs

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope, nowhere near that.... $240/year.... Less in summer and little more in winter.... Get a good cover. Had choice of 3" or 4" thick cover, so we paid a little more for the bigger cover, and probably saved the extra cost in 6 months energy savings

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have the 4 inch cover also. This is year. 4 for the tub. I may purchase a new cover as its getting very heavy now. We have a cover lifter also.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
we have the 4 inch cover also. This is year. 4 for the tub. I may purchase a new cover as its getting very heavy now. We have a cover lifter also.
ya, ours is on a bar and just flip and hangs over the side. You can unzip the covers and pull the covers back and dry the styrofoam/insulation that's inside...

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
while you are buying look into an ozonator system. I paid $350 and had it installed after we purchased the h.t. Best $350 ever spent! In 5 years we have not used a single dose of chemicals and water is constantly clear and nice. Also, I replace our filter in the fall and simply soak it in bleach water for 24 hrs to clean it in between replacements.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was stuck in traffic so I stopped in SunRay in Edmonton. They took me for a tour out back and showed me how they are made etc. Like the idea they are made here, they are on the short list for sure. Anyone know anything about Elite? They have what seems like a good deal for a tub/gazebo combo for under 10K.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
while you are buying look into an ozonator system. I paid $350 and had it installed after we purchased the h.t. Best $350 ever spent! In 5 years we have not used a single dose of chemicals and water is constantly clear and nice. Also, I replace our filter in the fall and simply soak it in bleach water for 24 hrs to clean it in between replacements.

You do know there are people that are allergic to the ozonator system( a close friend has allergy reactions to an ozonator)? They did tell u that I hope..... Also, whether one runs chlorine or bromine is a big decision too....

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most people I know including my parents run Bromine as it is easier on the skin, nostrils and clothes than Chlorine.
Personal preference unless allergies are involved as to which way one goes.

Myself I would run Bromine based on my experience with it.

Good thread.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes I am but many people including my daughter have severe skin reactions to chlorine too. So far so good as no one in our family has allergies with the ozonator.

You do know there are people that are allergic to the ozonator system( a close friend has allergy reactions to an ozonator)? They did tell u that I hope..... Also, whether one runs chlorine or bromine is a big decision too....

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No sorry. I was talking about their hot tubs. I've been shopping around for the past two years and was looking at them and Beachcomber. If I end up getting an acreage this summer it will be first on my list if the place doesn't already have one.
Like in a house bathroom?

A lot of people we know don't use them. A waste of money.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I didn't think beachcomber sold any other brand other than beachcomber...... except for the swim spa's

No sorry. I was talking about their hot tubs. I've been shopping around for the past two years and was looking at them and Beachcomber. If I end up getting an acreage this summer it will be first on my list if the place doesn't already have one.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jacky and I are seriously looking at getting a hot tub this spring, I just came across this company this morning https://rnrhottubs.com/ and like what they have for sale pricing and refurbished pricing.
I also back read this thread again, which helped

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are still happy with Sunray tubs in Edmonton, It's 6 years old now and only 1 pump seal replaced.

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
image.png
These are pretty awesome to bring camping,you get some pretty strange looks from the fish cops!

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jacky and I are seriously looking at getting a hot tub this spring, I just came across this company this morning https://rnrhottubs.com/ and like what they have for sale pricing and refurbished pricing.
I also back read this thread again, which helped

I looked a ton and really liked the Arctic Spa, they would be on the top of the list IMO. I ended up with an H2O Spas out of BC, deal was too good to pass up. It seems like a solid tub as well.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We looked at a couple of tubs yesterday and really like MAAX

Good pricing and sales person was decent to talk with

Denali881

Reaction score
I've had two arctic spa's and i love them both, I had my first one last almost 10 years without any issues (one pump fitting that leaked) even with that, i recommend them.

Top Bottom