Horsey Creek

oly

Reaction score
Thanks again for the tour oly it was a great day:)
No problem! It was super fun after the big work out lol. To bad it was pounded as much as it was :( I got the turbo rmk on video doing the sooo de do after hitting the tree! Haha.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Oly,
I made it in there for the first time this year week after you went in Jan. Quite the awesome little play area. There was only 1guide + 3 riders and our group to that whole area.

Not sure I'd try it with the conditions you described. That would be one fast tobaggan ride down the falls!!!

theunit1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from Riding Horsey too all the guys that have to climb the creek full throttle and rutt the $^#$ out of it job well done ! My group made it up beat the whole area up pretty good and then on the way down ran into 5 guys over the saddle looking for four friends and we ran into them still on the water fall !! Nothing like making sure your whole group makes it up before you decide to go riding ,On another note would sure be nice if guys could carry radios its a little easier to send seven guys down or up knowing that its a clear path just my opinion though all said and done great trip !

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We use radios for that too. Nice to know that middle guy got jammed up & the rest is down below helping. We only run 2 raidos though. Lead & clean up.
Would be nice if we all carried one.

What is a channel that everyone runs. So you can hear other groups? What is a good radio to use?

theunit1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the outdoor motorola yellow and black water proof and awesome range we have four but yeah for the waterfall just lead and cleanup but always nice if everyone has one bad stuck in the trees or anywhere nice too know someone will hear you we are always channel #3

oly

Reaction score
Ya I hear ya! We run the Garmin Rhino 650, 22 km of range walkie takie and as soon as you respond it shows where you are! When Culvert when in there it woulda been amazing condtions! There is a back way nice and smooth but thats a secret! ;)
Who leaves their group behind anyways... I woulda been pissed!

theunit1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back way in is not much of a secret oly come on now i showed you that area back in the day did i not?

oly

Reaction score
Nope you never told me.. And my first time in you didn't even bring me. I told you on Facebook message the back loop and that's the way you should have went!

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh boy, even better reason to go back. Now there is a back way to find!!
Next time I'm heading west I will drop you a Pm. See if your riding the area.
Like to go back with someone that knows the area.

oly

Reaction score
I think I will be back March 8. A bud is heading down from Fort Mac - Badnews! Should be fun!

go green

Reaction score
Just got back from Riding Horsey too all the guys that have to climb the creek full throttle and rutt the $^#$ out of it job well done ! My group made it up beat the whole area up pretty good and then on the way down ran into 5 guys over the saddle looking for four friends and we ran into them still on the water fall !! Nothing like making sure your whole group makes it up before you decide to go riding ,On another note would sure be nice if guys could carry radios its a little easier to send seven guys down or up knowing that its a clear path just my opinion though all said and done great trip !

I think I talked to you at the top of the hill (we had the Summits wearing Black riding gear ) and told you that there were some guys piled up on the trail . You radioed down and asked if anyone was on the trail down and it set off my Rhino . We met the 5 guys at the bottom and they were looking for the trail up so we commenced to interrogate them on the trail etiquette for for this particular pull up the hill ( maintain constant track speed , flow , do not spin or gouge the trail ) . They said they are all turboed up and are experienced riders ,, we said "Its not about power its about maintaining the trail ".

Its me and my buddies fault for showing them the way but chances are they would of found it anyway. The two of us did our due diligence and took the riders word for what it was .

The trail up is fine if you just grunt up slow and plug away at it .

theunit1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah that was us have you been in since ? Heading up Wed for 4 days have a few little gems to hit up ,Not much you can do with those guys they were trying !!

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How is the trail in Horsey this time of year? Heading down to ride next week, like to try & get in there again.

Swirlibirdz

Reaction score
Had a epic ride at Horsey on Thursday. Horsey is my absolute favorite spot in McBride. Icing on the cake was to be able to test ride a new XM in Horsey.

Top Bottom