horsey creek

Swirlibirdz

Reaction score
Rode Horsie this past Saturday and it was awsome. The guy at the bottom you refer to is Mac. He is a awsome guy that takes it apon him self to groom the trail and do all other maintenance needed to make the trail accessable. He is the guy that snow shoes up the water fall to build the ice bridge every year. This area is very avy prone and you should not high mark in here.

One last note: If you plan to enter this trail please remember Mac now grooms this trail at his own expense. There is a donation box at the beginning of the trail.

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Horsie this past Saturday and it was awsome. The guy at the bottom you refer to is Mac. He is a awsome guy that takes it apon him self to groom the trail and do all other maintenance needed to make the trail accessable. He is the guy that snow shoes up the water fall to build the ice bridge every year. This area is very avy prone and you should not high mark in here.

One last note: If you plan to enter this trail please remember Mac now grooms this trail at his own expense. There is a donation box at the beginning of the trail.

Please post pictures of groomers....

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry to burst your bubble snochuk, but the angle of the shot is not an actual photo of the area. Yes you are right that it is a satellite shot, but it is a computer generated image generated from several shots of the area and a complex software to make it look as real as possible. Not to say that there are not shots that are actual shots just when you start plating with the angle of view you move to virtual images.

I Like the satellite picture better

You can see where the AVYs start from on the satellite picture because when you are in the valley you have no idea how high the hills are behind the ridges when you look up --- way up...

I have never been in to Hosey Creek on A clear day but this picture from the creek will give you a better idea

The glacier is in the upper left corner of the picture

Attachments

• Horsey Ck Web.jpg
    Horsey Ck Web.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 86
  • Horsey Ck Web2.jpg
    Horsey Ck Web2.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

Swirlibirdz

Reaction score
I don't have any pics of the groomers. I did see them. They are a home made version that he puls behind his sled. He has 2 of them.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its still pretty good we rode there on Sunday for a half day. Still snow to be had. The trail up the water fall is in decent shape.:d

Attachments

• DSC00073.jpg
    DSC00073.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC00069.jpg
    DSC00069.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC00072.jpg
    DSC00072.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 78
Top Bottom