hope creek

snoaddict

Reaction score
anyone been up lately, we are leaving tonight and i wouldnt mind checking it out as it has been a few years since ive been up there. Any info is appreciated or if you just want to keep the info to yourself i can understand that :d

xrsrev

Reaction score
We were up there Saturday and the snow was good! Still very little base with 4 feet on top! Trail in is rough as usual. They need about 4 more feet to make it into some more of the spots! Was snowing when we left but not sure how much they got!

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a pretty good idea of how it is out there.... DEEEEP!!! :eek:

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a pretty good idea of how it is out there.... DEEEEP!!! :eek:

It is deep! We were in on Sunday and had an awesome day playing in the trees below the alpine. There was an avy that slid off Mt. Gerald down on the way up the alpine off the last storm cycle. I'm sure that it's gonna get more hairy up there with this cycle.

The trail is pretty brutal right now though!

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In detail, how do I get into hope and is it easy to find my way around

Here's a link to the Golden Tourism Snowmobile Trip Planner. It has maps to all the riding areas. They're also available at most of the local businesses in Golden.

Hope has an extremely high avalanche risk (you cross quite a few MAJOR avalanche paths coming up the trail) and is very remote. If you're planning on going into Hope be prepared with the proper gear, training and the ability to self rescue.

Last edited:

summit4

Reaction score
It was just my son and me. Maybe another time when I can ride with a few more people. I would like to try it when the avy danger isn't so high!
Thnx

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't think anyone was crazy enough to go in there this weekend. It was the largest natural avalanche cycles I've ever seen!!
I was in Quartz on Sunday and could hear activity... sketchy! Tree riding was amazing though!

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was in Hope Saturday. Not one single thing slid... YET.
The snow pit we dug was showing that the top layer was the weakest, but only because it wasn't bonded yet.
The lower layers were failing, about a 1/2 meter down. Lots of faceting down low.

All in all a great day.... till I broke my bars.. LOL

Top Bottom