Hope Creek 2009/10

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey ya'll, we punch the road (took almost all day) a few days ago with over a meter of fresh.
Check it out.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSDSG2J_H1c[/media]
Got little done other then breaking trail, but still a wicked day!

Hangfire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.hngfiretraining.com
we use a small sony hd cam, and POV 1 for the sled and pack mount stuff. pretty fun camera to play around with and mount all over the place.

Apex162

Reaction score
You guys should be proud of your selves that is the best video I have seen from so called amateurs.:)

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do you get to Hope Creek from Golden?
I can see on the GSTS that it's west but where do you turn off hwy 1?
Sounds like a smaller trailer would be better for a trip up there.

Been to quartz lots and silent a few times and looking for something new.

How's the drive compared to silent?

mcridge

Reaction score
Go north from Golden towards Revy. After passing the new weight station take your second right. If you go over the Columbia river bridge you've gone too far.
Head straight on the Bush River Forest service road, staying on the main road and avoiding turn offs until you hit the 55km or 56km marker. One of the two.
Anyways park there as there is a small road up to the right.....will have sled tracks on it. Thats the Hope road. From just head up the road and explore.
Make sure you park as far off to the side as possible as Chatter Creek uses and maintains the road in winter so they need to get machinery by.

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been to quartz lots and silent a few times and looking for something new.

How's the drive compared to silent?[/QUOTE]

silver mines,gorman/Lang,valenciennes (passed hope creek).
drive to hope is ruff.with all the rain and little snow down low lots of pot holes wash board,but worth the terrain out there you'll run out of gas before ever seeing it all.no stupid heli show around hope:d

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Valenciennes??????? I heard thats out by Revy way. Or no maybe Kamloops if i think about it!

heard wrong.I wouldn't lie haha It's on the Bush rd just gotta know where to go the area's bigger than all of hope.good fellow,and what chatter has put together.and only two back country lodges way up on ice(no heli) most times don't mind visitors,just don't ride right around there tenures,

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope definetly north of Kamloops.

O.K
,its the next drainage north/north east of goodfellow you gotta drive up to 65k after low water crossing turn right . anyways here you go,bush river/arm at bottom of the map,thats the vals i know. yeah could be another

Attachments

• vals.jpg
    vals.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 83
Top Bottom