Honda Pioneer or Yamaha vicking? Help me decided other comments will be looked at

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Viking all the way!

There is a new Viking four seater you may want to look at.

The Viking takes a great platform of the Rhino, and improves on it. That all being said, the 900 ranger shouldn't be overlooked either. I honestly wouldn't even look at the Honda. If it were my hard earned money I was spending it'd be a very close call between the Polaris 900 ranger or the Viking with added seats in the box.

The Yamaha would likely take the lead only because my local dealer is awesome. Shameless plug for shad and Renee and the team at maximum powersports. ��

Happy shopping!

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be very careful about adding an "aftermarket rear seat" , they may soon be illegal.........(thank goodness)......
The Yammy is old school and way under powered......In every catagory the ranger is far superior.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my buddy bought a brand new viking this year, it looks way wider than a rhino but is still narrower than my commander. it desperately needs more ground clearance though, gets hung up everywhere.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yo may not find any accessories when yo go looking, I would stay far far away, just my opinion

family friend has one, hes had no trouble finding all the normal accessories like windshields, roof, bumpers etc. lifts and axle and stuff would be harder to find but it doesnt sound like thats whats needed here. Its been a great toy for him with plenty of power (especially compared to yamaha and honda lol) and very comfortable suspension compared to any rhino I've been in.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is this a fact or rumour about rear seat? I just put one on my 800 XP and in the process of having a roll cage built.

I would be very careful about adding an "aftermarket rear seat" , they may soon be illegal.........(thank goodness)......
The Yammy is old school and way under powered......In every catagory the ranger is far superior.

rsaruk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alberta is so backwards about ATV safety that I can't see them implementing that anytime soon.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting information

California

OFF-HIGHWAY MOTOR VEHICLE
RECREATION DIVISION INFORMATION BULLETIN
Volume 13 October 11, 2013 Number 02
Senate Bill 234 Update Recreational Off-Highway Vehicles (ROV)
Senate Bill 234 (Walters) was signed by Governor Brown on August 27, 2013. This bill was introduced in February 2013 to amend California Vehicle Code (CVC) sections 38603 and 38604 as passed by Assembly Bill 1595 and Assembly Bill 1266 which apply to ROVs. SB 234 and amended sections took effect immediately upon signing.
SB 234 “grandfathers” in 2013 or earlier manufactured ROVs with aftermarket seats, as long as the seats are fully contained inside the ROV and covered by rollover protection. SB 234 prohibits model year 2014 or later ROVs from being modified to accommodate additional passengers in areas not designed by the manufacturer.
These amended sections now read:
CVC 38603
(a) A person operating a recreational off-highway vehicle with a model year of 2014 or later shall not allow a passenger to occupy a separate seat location not designed and provided by the manufacturer for a passenger.
(b) Seats that are installed in a separate seat location not designed and provided by the manufacturer for a passenger in vehicles with model year of 2013 or earlier may be occupied by a passenger if the occupant of the seat is fully contained inside of the vehicle’s rollover protection structure at all times while the vehicle is being operated.
CVC 38604
(a) A person operating a recreational off-highway vehicle shall not ride with a passenger, unless the passenger, while seated upright with his or her back against the seatback, can grasp the occupant handhold with the seatbelt and shoulder belt or safety harness properly fastened.
(b) For purposes of this chapter, “occupant handhold” means any factory or aftermarket device grasped by an occupant to provide support and to assist in keeping arms and hands within the recreational off-highway vehicle. The steering wheel shall be considered an occupant handhold for the recreational off-highway vehicle operator.
(c) Occupant handholds shall be designed to allow the recreational off-highway vehicle passenger to exit the vehicle without interference from the handholds.
The passage of new laws regulating ROVs has generated many questions from enthusiasts. The most common questions have been addressed in the Frequently Asked Questions for ROVs webpage located at: OHMVR Division. For additional questions and comments about this or any other OHV related questions please email ohvinfo@parks.ca.gov or call (916) 324-4442.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The belt is fine on the Kawi...lol Dont let a belt machine scare you away.......

trust me the belt doesn't scare me... belt maintenance does... have heard a few bad stories about the kawi... that's all

on an update the wife is going over to see the kawi today we saw it a local rodeo and of course she thinks it's perfect

do you happen to know if its the same system that on the brute force?

you know i don't like all polaris' but if they built a rzr 4 seater with the dimensions of the kawi, i'd be first in line

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Viking all the way!

There is a new Viking four seater you may want to look at.

The Viking takes a great platform of the Rhino, and improves on it. That all being said, the 900 ranger shouldn't be overlooked either. I honestly wouldn't even look at the Honda. If it were my hard earned money I was spending it'd be a very close call between the Polaris 900 ranger or the Viking with added seats in the box.

The Yamaha would likely take the lead only because my local dealer is awesome. Shameless plug for shad and Renee and the team at maximum powersports. 😃

Happy shopping!

haha... don't be Shameless Shad and Renee are awesome... that's why i got a grizzly! Best customer service I have ever gotten at a dealership... you can trust them.. they have built their business and their future on fair good service.... i recommend them to anyone

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

yes i hear you have to also be very careful with those bolt on roll over cage extensions... they are not designed to take an impact

the ranger 4 seater is a very long machine... albeit guys i know who have the regular ranger... lift it and love it

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes i hear you have to also be very careful with those bolt on roll over cage extensions... they are not designed to take an impact

the ranger 4 seater is a very long machine... albeit guys i know who have the regular ranger... lift it and love it

I luv mine. It is awesome, For my purpose works well, i don't race, Great suspension and power, goes through almost everything, Unless high centered, then ya put it on it's side and drive through on two wheels

Toxic

Reaction score
Both are to wide to be practical for any real world application, gonna force you up the middle of every trail so you will be doing serious mudding or becoming a full time lumberjack.

The Rzr is the best Sxs bar none and the 900 is as reliable as they come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So far my 900 ranger has been awesome! Don't got to many miles but I put it through all different types of terrain and it just takes it! Three adults fit nice and comfy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hpjunkie

Reaction score
A couple of friends bought the Hondas. (Die hard high mileage riders). They asked for my .02, told them I wouldn't buy the Honda as their 680 quads are under powered & share same driveline. They stated only for around acreage & trailride with grandkids (hard pack), I said ok, your cash, buy what you want. Went for a ride, smooth, tranny great, tire size maxed, flexible, but not for me. Viking, nope, had a Rhino with a seat & cage, still under powered & ended up lifting,cdi,clutch machining, tires, way better, but if the Kawi were available, no brainer. RZR is great, but a big unit in a 4 seater. For me either Kawi or RZR-4! Good luck!

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How anyone can put the viking & honda in the same category as the Kawi is beyond me...........The Kawi is light years ahead.

Top Bottom