Homemade screen kit for Rev

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couldn't bring myself to shell out $300+ for a screen kit so built my own. Went to Lazerman cuts and got aluminum frames cut then Home Depot for Fiberglass screen. A little glue and some time, all together $40!:eek:

Attachments

• screen kit 002 (Medium).jpg
    screen kit 002 (Medium).jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 257
  • screen kit 003 (Medium).jpg
    screen kit 003 (Medium).jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 234
  • screen kit 007 (Medium).jpg
    screen kit 007 (Medium).jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 236
  • screen kit 010 (Medium).jpg
    screen kit 010 (Medium).jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 246

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey griz maybe you can design me a set to see through to check my track easier LOL But hey they look custom, good job.

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dam nice job. What gauge of aluminum did you use? Do have a drawning you can email me?

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dam nice job. What gauge of aluminum did you use? Do have a drawning you can email me?

Thx...I used 16 guage, sorry don't have a template to e-mail, I drew them out free hand on cardboard and brought that over to a fabrication shop which they cut out with a lazer or waterjet.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I was thinking of dooing the same thing except there is more of a privacy screen that has more vertical bars for the clutch side to try to keep more snow out

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thx...I used 16 guage, sorry don't have a template to e-mail, I drew them out free hand on cardboard and brought that over to a fabrication shop which they cut out with a lazer or waterjet.

Thanks for the advice, you did a great job.

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya i couldn't do it either ... once i get my recent pics off my cam ill post some, i got my uncle to cut them out on his router table with autocad and then used window/screen door screen. Rivert them on with washer behind the plast they look good.

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Already had these and forgot about em, few new things done to the ride after these were taken, the screens work get though !! the temp gauge on my sled used to be around half, after the screens it's almost running on the bottom. Haven't had an issue with snow comming in. plastic screen works better than the aluminum screen. 2 sidded tape on the back of the aluminum frames holding the screen in place then riveted on with washers on the back side of the rivets so they don't pull through the plastic.

Attachments

• IMG_1244.jpg
    IMG_1244.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_1243.jpg
    IMG_1243.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 198

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Nice job xtremegriz. I built mine pretty much the same way. Its hard to justify the $400 when you have the time and patients to do it yourself. Mine cost me about $70 and 8 hours and they work real good.

Attachments

• P1010387.jpg
    P1010387.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 213

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
And don't forget...they look Wayyyyyy nice with the custom flame job.
Nice job xtremegriz. I built mine pretty much the same way. Its hard to justify the $400 when you have the time and patients to do it yourself. Mine cost me about $70 and 8 hours and they work real good.

YKX

Reaction score
Up north we dont have fab. businesses, but would love to get a set for my rev, would some of the guys who made their be interested in making a couple more? Thanks

YKX

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use pet screen from home depo. if you want the stuff that SLP uses in their vents it is called feritex or pheritex. very fine. who would pay the hundrends of dollars for the screens. I really like the flame ones.

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Up north we dont have fab. businesses, but would love to get a set for my rev, would some of the guys who made their be interested in making a couple more? Thanks

YKX

Yeah I actually have 2 more cut out just hanging on the garage wall.
1 side and 1 knee screen. Do u want just the aluminum frames or complete with screen, rivets and washers?

Top Bottom