Home electrical question

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the set up is like there is a single cable which has been cut inside the box with both red (hot) feeding power to the razor only and both white (nuetral) connected to the razor only with the two blacks just maretted together...

if I connect the red to red black to black and white to white my fan and light work, if I pull the whites apart fan and light still work if I break the connection on either the red or blacks I lose lights and fan.

I know it will be easy once figured out just a pain in the azz running up and down from the main pannel alnight

so put both reds under one screw on the line side brass screw, both whites under the silver screw also on the line side.. there should of been a yellow sticker over 2 screws, dont use those screws. keeps blacks mareted together

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Forget the blacks ,should be able to use the same wires that were used on the original plug.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Hook it up again,then push the little "reset" button on the plug;it'll work fine!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
so put both reds under one screw on the line side brass screw, both whites under the silver screw also on the line side.. there should of been a yellow sticker over 2 screws, dont use those screws. keeps blacks mareted together

damnit... I thought that was gonna work... no dice...

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh bogger leave everything till morning, up the fire insurance , just in case. i see hot bright lights in your future, your always pullin a wire somewhere. good luck.

friggin bring fire extinguisher. :beer:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score

Thank you sir.... but you missed one small detail.... ensure the ground wire is attached to the green screw

thanks guys, she works as she should... I knew it would be one of those "well duh" things....

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you sir.... but you missed one small detail.... ensure the ground wire is attached to the green screw

thanks guys, she works as she should... I knew it would be one of those "well duh" things....

dammmit.. just assumed that was a given. oh well glad it works!!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so what your saying is that bogger has a wire loose?:p

Top Bottom