Hmmmmmmmm............

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
not frigging long enough.....never got to read round 2.....is there going to be a round 3....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I dont think so...alleged wrongdoer continues to name call, swear, threaten...In my opinion this is done only to get the thread closed. If he truly wanted to he had every opportunity to state his case out in the open...he chooses not to.

Good that it is closed!

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To bad it was closed in some respects though. really the moderators have effectively silenced our one fourm to callout the fools and trespassers amongst us and say we saw you and wont tolerate this crap anymore

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
To bad it was closed in some respects though. really the moderators have effectively silenced our one fourm to callout the fools and trespassers amongst us and say we saw you and wont tolerate this crap anymore

Hey, good point and that is true....However...

Having been a mod and admin on another site, the staff has one rule that they HAVE to follow, and that is to enforce the site rules...we all were given plenty of opportunity to clean it up and follow the rules, but Himark kept breaking the rules, as well as some of the regular members. When that happens, you shut it down. Personally I would have gone after Himark first as a newb coming in and raising he!! but that was not my call. Being a mod is a crappy and thankless job, but I support it 100%. We dont have to agree with them, but we do have to follow the rules...

switchbackfst

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, good point and that is true....However...

Having been a mod and admin on another site, the staff has one rule that they HAVE to follow, and that is to enforce the site rules...we all were given plenty of opportunity to clean it up and follow the rules, but Himark kept breaking the rules, as well as some of the regular members. When that happens, you shut it down. Personally I would have gone after Himark first as a newb coming in and raising he!! but that was not my call. Being a mod is a crappy and thankless job, but I support it 100%. We dont have to agree with them, but we do have to follow the rules...

I agree but when my 10 yr old (who i allow on this thread) is the one that shows me this?????????? Not right there are other places to post not under "snowmobile chat" So knowing this and the number of youngsters on the site...................Grow up, just sayin:rant::rant::rant:

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear you longhorn and completely understand but its always the same in this country, we are unable to stand up and say what really needs to be said for fear of offending someone. We put the feeling of the individual over the interests of the whole.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
I agree but when my 10 yr old (who i allow on this thread) is the one that shows me this?????????? Not right there are other places to post not under "snowmobile chat" So knowing this and the number of youngsters on the site...................Grow up, just sayin:rant::rant::rant:

Switchback, I am sorry, but I have no idea what I have done or said to offend you here???

Grow up?? What did I do???

Let me know...sure did not mean to offend anyone. I have read and re-read my post that you quoted, and am really confused here!:confused::confused:

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
I hear you longhorn and completely understand but its always the same in this country, we are unable to stand up and say what really needs to be said for fear of offending someone. We put the feeling of the individual over the interests of the whole.

Scotts,

You are not wrong...But, this is the wrong place to have that debate. Lets for one moment say that Maxwell posted his info in error, or perhaps even made it up (please no one jump on me, I am speaking in hypotheticals here, am NOT for a second saying that Max did this...) If this happened then Himark needs to be given a fair and equal opportunity to voice his opinion and state his case. This opportunity was presented but it was not taken advantage of...the thread turned to name calling and threats were made, and for a public forum, this cannot happen. It is very hard to clean up individual threads and still have them make sense. Remember that the mods and admins are all volunteers. Even though there was good relevant info in the thread, the easiest way to fix is to make it disapear. It wasnt fear of offending 'someone', it may have offended MANY and that is why you get rid of it.

I do wish it had gone differently, but it didnt...

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was really starting to heat up..... I was waiting to hear when the meet at the bike racks was happening !!!!!

But it did make for some interesting reading at work today...

sledhead_2002

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.imperialseed.com
That was really starting to heat up..... I was waiting to hear when the meet at the bike racks was happening !!!!!

But it did make for some interesting reading at work today...

Ya for those that got read read it, i missed the last part of the second round and apparently the good stuff from part 1:mad:

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was good!!!!!!! It did keep excitment in the day... The one guy I have to agree with people did make a big AZZ of himself.:nono:

He did not know when to just lie down and let it go

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just wondering the conditions in Mcbride??? any snow??? I like trails,, am I in the right area?

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scotts,

You are not wrong...But, this is the wrong place to have that debate. Lets for one moment say that Maxwell posted his info in error, or perhaps even made it up (please no one jump on me, I am speaking in hypotheticals here, am NOT for a second saying that Max did this...) If this happened then Himark needs to be given a fair and equal opportunity to voice his opinion and state his case. This opportunity was presented but it was not taken advantage of...the thread turned to name calling and threats were made, and for a public forum, this cannot happen. It is very hard to clean up individual threads and still have them make sense. Remember that the mods and admins are all volunteers. Even though there was good relevant info in the thread, the easiest way to fix is to make it disapear. It wasnt fear of offending 'someone', it may have offended MANY and that is why you get rid of it.

I do wish it had gone differently, but it didnt...

There is no other fourm to voice our opinions .

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
There is no other fourm to voice our opinions .

I hear ya, and I dont know what to say, other than I agree with you, but also as members, we need to support the staff, bottom line...

It is unfortunate that the good people doing good deeds pay for the ignorant, but heck, not worth losing any sleep over bud!

Top Bottom