HMF quiet core insert

crmxgirl

Reaction score
I picked up a used HMF for my 450 wolverine, man is it loud!! Anyone have an HMF quiet core insert they are willing to part with? I need to buy one!

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't know you could get a quite pack, I thought you just repacked it your self, with the proper material. And depending on how much you stuff in it is how quite it will be, which wont be that quiet. Now it is so load no one wants to ride with you, unless you are at the back of the line or a mile ahead. Been there done that, but if you do find away to quite it, let me know. Did you reprogram your quad for the free flow exhaust, you don't want to burn out your piston. If you didn't do it keep an eye on your plug, if it turns white, you will need to reprogram it fast before it's to late, just a thought.

crmxgirl

Reaction score
I installed the dynojet kit according to my elevation and the HMF pipe, I knew they had to be done at the same time. The quiet core is a baffle that you insert into the muffler by taking the end cap off, it is not repacking. My husband has one on his outlander...but he won't let me steal his, lol!

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
motorcycle-superstore.com Core here is a place that might help you. up to 81% off

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I might have a couple kicking around the garage from some buddies quads. I will have to check when I get ome in a couple weeks from work and let you know.

ICANAM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a link to one on ebay. There are a bunch on there, just depending how much you want to pay, some are definately over priced. :d:beer::d

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
get a 1" steel thin pipe 6" long,slid a washer over it,taper the end by hammering over a trailer hitch ball,tack the washer so it dont slide,install,blow muffler apart,throw everthing (including muffler) into the garbage..thats how it worked for me,..the quite core thing dont seem to work to well on a one cylinder machine..i have heard a hmf on an outty 800 and it sounded good..my 700 grizz destroyed the pipe.

Top Bottom