Hitch on back of 5th wheel?

PJ440x

Reaction score
Hey I recently purchased a 5th wheel and an looking to install a hitch on the back of the 5th wheel to pull a small ATV trailer/boat trailer. Where in the Edmonton area can I get it done and what's the approximate cost?

Thanks,
Pat

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No no

Get a machine shop to build one

U want it tied to the frame and over built

Last thing u want is it breaking off and ur second trailer going the other way or hitting and killing someone

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy one at princess auto and bolt it on.

no no :nono:...bad advise from doorfx IMO......unless you know really know what you are doing and if it is safe, don't do it yourself...Tex78 is dead bang-on right

A few years back I took my 5th wheel to ABC hitch in Edmonton.....they did an awesome job. The owner showed me how many holiday trailers are not designed to accept rear hitches unless they are done right......

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Abc muffler and hitch for sure they know their stuff and the owner is a great guy

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Absolutely you want peace of mind get a hitch shop to do it.
I towed a 12' fishing boat behind my first fifth wheel for five years with a PA bolt on. The guy I sold it to is still towing an Atv trailer with his king quad on it. Just based on my personal experience...

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will build you a set up! It will be way stronger then any one that a hitch shop will build! And the welds will be way better then those guy can ever do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PJ440x

Reaction score
I heard that ABC muffler did this type of work but I called them last week and they no longer do it. I guess they don't have a certified welder working there anymore is what I was told. :confused:

landownunder

Reaction score
Try Maverick Trailer Repair. They are doing some work to my toy hauler right now. When I dropped it off last week I had a very long chat with them about RV frames and they seem to do a fair amount with RV's. I can't comment on the quality of their work as I don't have mine back yet but they seem like a good bunch of people so far. He mentioned this exact same situation about guys putting hitches on the back of their 5th wheels.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I will build you a set up! It will be way stronger then any one that a hitch shop will build! And the welds will be way better then those guy can ever do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This dude all the way. If he can build a bumper for arff and after two weeks of riding it is still not bent, I would say Neil knows his stuff. A bonus for you, he is in Leduc so not too far away.

Mad Mike

Reaction score
I just bought a 5th Wheel trailer that had a good quality hitch that is incorporated into the frame. Advise that I got from friends that tandem tow boats and quads is do not tandem tow a quad with a lite 5th wheel as they have had and have seen too many bent frames. Just my 2 bits.

Top Bottom