Hinton / Brule Dunes

EJHrider

Reaction score
Hey, is it worth throwing a paddle on the bike or is there just trails with sandy areas?? I ride a 250f if that matters...

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are looking for info about riding and camping in the Hinton are please feel free to send me an e-mail or leave a post here.
There are many great places to ride all around Hinton. The Dunes is just one of many. I have a good selection of local maps at my shop (They are FREE!!). Stop in and pick one up and I will be happy to point you in the right direction.

Is there an area near by the staging area where you can park a motor home? I've never been in this area and hear lots of great things about it and would love to set up for a week long trip with the wify and kids.

whopper809

Reaction score
Is there an area near by the staging area where you can park a motor home? I've never been in this area and hear lots of great things about it and would love to set up for a week long trip with the wify and kids.

The road that drives past the provincal camp ground would be your best bet to find a spot to camp along. When you start getting closer to the staging area the road is unmaintained. I tell everyone the best thing to do is head there for a day ride with a truck and the bikes or quads so you can see for yourself how the area looks if your going to want to bring in a nice unit. I've been there many times truck and 24ft holiday trailor and no damage but I have also seen lots of units get damaged out there.

The picture shows what the road can turn into if the weather doesn't stay dry. I'll never understand why the county doesn't fix the road atleast once a season? Years ago the road was always perfect.

Attachments

• n695793449_179852_4177.jpg
    n695793449_179852_4177.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 92

husqy360

Reaction score
Hi all

new here, first post.

i ride yz450f that works like a dream.

was in brule this weekend, was amazing, lots of pure sand but very windy and dusty.

is there any places under 10 hours from edmonton with hill climbs/ dunes or both?

St.Anthony dunes looks crazzy but its like 15 hours drive :rant:.

i heard vega have some good sand, but have no idea how to get there?

by the way rcmp was checking many guys for registration and insurace :rant:, lucky me just got mine done :)

cheers

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The road that drives past the provincal camp ground would be your best bet to find a spot to camp along. When you start getting closer to the staging area the road is unmaintained. I tell everyone the best thing to do is head there for a day ride with a truck and the bikes or quads so you can see for yourself how the area looks if your going to want to bring in a nice unit. I've been there many times truck and 24ft holiday trailor and no damage but I have also seen lots of units get damaged out there.

The picture shows what the road can turn into if the weather doesn't stay dry. I'll never understand why the county doesn't fix the road atleast once a season? Years ago the road was always perfect.

:rolleyes: Years ago there was no traffic going to this site.:cool: If the county fixed the road they woud have pay the cost to do so.:nono:

Bruce:ranger:

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all

new here, first post.

i ride yz450f that works like a dream.

was in brule this weekend, was amazing, lots of pure sand but very windy and dusty.

is there any places under 10 hours from edmonton with hill climbs/ dunes or both?

There is a staging area 100 kms North of Ft. McMurray, (500kms) North of Edmonton that is the largest, most Northerly Dunes in the World. Look it up on Google Earth, Some High Resolution, and Some Low Res. Do a search on Richardson Backcountry. Be aware that there is three Provincial Wildland Parks in the area, no riding.:bike::Snowmobile1::banned:
This Sand is WHITE, not Brown from the Atabasca Riverand lots of clear Lakes.

Top Bottom