Hinton / Brule Dunes

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
haha im some kind of busy with work til march.... actually got a day off and did some riding around home. 3 feet along the treeline. "over the hood all day" as people like to say when they are in the hills. lol

have some friends renting a cabin in march at vale so mite be there. but me and the g/f are in revy april 12 - 15th then off to kelowna... so something to look forward to

ill talk to the boys and get a trip planned for may sometime. we will pay our "tirp advisor" in CLs afterwards

Scott VanSickle

Reaction score
Me and the boys go every may long aswell its a blast my profile pic is on the beach by drag hill, we are looking foward to it again Brappppppppp!!

Landrew

Reaction score
Is there only the 1 way in and out by vehicle to the staging/camping area and also by quad/bike to the dunes?

Reaction score
No, there are a few different ways in. there is the most common one that comes off highway 16 heading toward wildhorse and kinki lake and there is also the overlander trail in, it is past the wildhorse kinki turn a few km and directly accros the highway from folding mountain cabins then when you turn off the highway turn left and follow the main road untill you hit the campsight in the trees, aprox 2.5km. it can get a little muddy that way if there has been a lot of rain. there are a few different ways you can ride from Hinton but to hard to explain.

dustbuster

Reaction score
I just got back from my first trip to Brule. It's a really nice place to ride and I had a great time! I took a GPS log of the drive off Hwy 16 to the staging area (we took the Wildhorse turnoff). This might help if you've never been there before and are unsure where to go.

Google Maps - Road to Brule

Reaction score
if you check out the brule dunes facebook group there is a GPS map of all the trails into the dunes, the quality is a little poor but if anyone needs it i can e-mail the map to them.

insaneZ400shane

Reaction score
hi metalmulishagirl, can i call you mmg? anyway i joined up with facebook but there is no results for "Brule dunes" what am i doing wrong? thanks

Reaction score
hi there, i have never been to brule, can you give me some directions on where to camp and do you have any idea what the campground is like ? showers and is there a swimming area.thx iluv mud

if you check out the facebook group Brule Dunes there is a detailed map on there of the layout and trails of the dunes if you have any questions please wright on the group page and i can answer them or i can e-mail you a map.

hintonatv

Reaction score
Website
www.bratphaze.ca
I just got back from my first trip to Brule. It's a really nice place to ride and I had a great time! I took a GPS log of the drive off Hwy 16 to the staging area (we took the Wildhorse turnoff). This might help if you've never been there before and are unsure where to go.

Google Maps - Road to Brule

How did you do that with the google map? I have a gps and did not know that you could do that. Very cool. I live near the dunes and would like to share some other Hinton riding areas. Any tips on how to do that?

Last edited:

dustbuster

Reaction score
I used my new iPhone 3G and a program called Motion-X GPS. Once I have a log created, I export it as a .kml file. Then I go into google maps, click on "my maps", click "create a new map" and I hit the "import" link.

The trickiest part is getting the .kml, .kmz or GeoRSS file. I've never used a hand-held GPS device before, but I'm sure there's a way to plug it into your computer and upload the files.

I have a GPS log of Bruderheim I'll upload pretty soon here. It would be cool to see some more maps of Hinton areas as well! What a nice play to ride...

Top Bottom