High Jacker

Raz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever use one of these or see one used....seems to work like a charm.

High-Jacker Snowmobile Jack

Not sure if I'd want to have to lug it around but I'm sure I'll change my mind should I happen to get stuck bad enough.

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The high jacker works very well and tucks down on your running board for storage.I have had mine for 3 years with no problems.You will find that you will use the jack more than a shovel(still need the shovel on the back pack though).

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
kinda of silly to me, that video is funny, it would sink in our fluffy white stuff but maybe it could help if you were alone, but I dont really ride alone too often....

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
kinda of silly to me, that video is funny, it would sink in our fluffy white stuff but maybe it could help if you were alone, but I dont really ride alone too often....
If you ride the only turbo in the group and guys can't get up to give you a hand...........

willhickey

Reaction score
I got to be honest, to me it just looks like alot of work getting it all set up and and put away. I would think that when you are going into those areas that they don't groom it would jar loose if it was not perfectly in place. I say grab the back of it and lift a little, Pull the front end around and keep going. I would also think that there would be ice and snow that would get in the way of taking it off and putting to together. The best invention that I have found is the snow bungie, works like a charm. I did not know where to store it however one of the guys on here said put it around the handle bars riser and it never moves. Thanks to whoever that was.

Raz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got to be honest, to me it just looks like alot of work getting it all set up and and put away. I would think that when you are going into those areas that they don't groom it would jar loose if it was not perfectly in place. I say grab the back of it and lift a little, Pull the front end around and keep going. I would also think that there would be ice and snow that would get in the way of taking it off and putting to together. The best invention that I have found is the snow bungie, works like a charm. I did not know where to store it however one of the guys on here said put it around the handle bars riser and it never moves. Thanks to whoever that was.

Well...I wish it was that easy.....I have a stock Apex Mtn-I wish I could just lift on the back end, and give the ski a pull an be on my way. When the track is full of snow in this thing it is a real pig.:)

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well...I wish it was that easy.....I have a stock Apex Mtn-I wish I could just lift on the back end, and give the ski a pull an be on my way. When the track is full of snow in this thing it is a real pig.:)

ya the apex has some weight for sure

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you ride the only turbo in the group and guys can't get up to give you a hand...........

but that would be in the steeps and usually I just roll er out, or if I am wedged usually I dont want any one marking above me and cracking some sluff so I would tamp a flat spot and pull like ya never pulled before,

I have been stuck in some nasty spots with NO room for error but I cant think of one time were that unit would help me lol...

but again i am sure in some cases it would work great... keep in mind my M8 weighs 200 pounds less than a apex and my Doo is 150 pounds lighter..

ya I heard some guys love their bungies, never really used one but here great things

Raz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wanted a 4 stroke cause it wasn't as stinky for my 2 year old son who will eventually have lung problems-he has Cystic Fibrosis.

I knew this sled was heavier than my 600 summit but man I had no clue it was going to be as heavy as it is when I first got it stuck. If I dont spend the thousands on lightening it up, I will probably spend the 300 on one of these jacks just to keep all my riding buddies happy and away from the chiropractor!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wanted a 4 stroke cause it wasn't as stinky for my 2 year old son who will eventually have lung problems-he has Cystic Fibrosis.

I knew this sled was heavier than my 600 summit but man I had no clue it was going to be as heavy as it is when I first got it stuck. If I dont spend the thousands on lightening it up, I will probably spend the 300 on one of these jacks just to keep all my riding buddies happy and away from the chiropractor!

good call man, they are great sleds and the engine is bullett proof,, but yes the do weigh a bit, group of 4 riders min.. :beer:

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I can set up and put away the snow jack faster than taking off my backpack and getting my shovel.I also have the snow bungie for minor stucks,but lifting the sled (even an apex) 5 feet in the air by yourself with no huffin' and puffing makes my day much more enjoyable.

Raz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't seem to open the thread... How much are they... Sound kinda cool... I know its like a jack on a long prop rod....?

They're around 280.00us so they're not cheap. Basically all it is, is a bar clamp but with a long handle for leverage instead of a hand grip.

try going to highliftjack.com to see the videos.

Top Bottom