HID's - Wtf

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Honestly, what makes me more mad is people driving around in the city with their high beams on. I run a grader and i'm trying to see what i'm doing plowing snow down the streets, and some dick head comes with their bright lights on and i dont know why but i always look and give myself sun spots on my eyes from their brights. Then they get mad because i leave a 6" windrow of snow that they cannot possibly cross. It's too much.

I have HID's in my 2006 chevrolet, i have my low beams aimed very low, as my high beams are angled extremely high in my housings. I dont think i've ever gotten flashed, my lenses are also tinted though.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No issues aiming them properly in a Dodge!! with factory housing...done lots of them!!
lol....okay. bet sales are great, huh?

look man, facts are facts. do some research, other than what your suppliers tell you works. HID bulbs are not meant for reflector housings in a low beam application. hi beams, who cares....scatter that light wherever you want.

if you give a sh!t, go to Daniel Stern Lighting and read up on automotive lighting. google him, you will see why he is who he is, and what he says is truth proven by thousands of hours of manufacturer testing. I'm not making it up

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

look man, facts are facts. do some research, other than what your suppliers tell you works. HID bulbs are not meant for reflector housings in a low beam application. hi beams, who cares....scatter that light wherever you want.

if you give a sh!t, go to Daniel Stern Lighting and read up on automotive lighting. google him, you will see why he is who he is, and what he says is truth proven by thousands of hours of manufacturer testing. I'm not making it up

Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sales are absolutely fine...because I don't sell or install them, but I have helped many buddies align/aim them and they do have a good cut-off in reflector housings in a low beam application. You say that you can't aim them "period"...I say bull sh!t. Like I said....I don't run them myself, nor do I sell or install them for that matter, but they can be aimed so that you don't blind oncoming...maybe you should try it and see for yourself!

Most late model rigs run their daytime running lights off of a low voltage high beam circuit, so if you run HID's for your high beams - you will most likely fry your ballasts (unless you disco your daytimers) as most HID ballasts wont maintain stability on low voltage.

I'm just sharing what I have learned from personal experiences...no need to be a dick about it!!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sales are absolutely fine...because I don't sell or install them, but I have helped many buddies align/aim them and they do have a good cut-off in reflector housings in a low beam application. You say that you can't aim them "period"...I say bull sh!t. Like I said....I don't run them myself, nor do I sell or install them for that matter, but they can be aimed so that you don't blind oncoming...maybe you should try it and see for yourself!

Most late model rigs run their daytime running lights off of a low voltage high beam circuit, so if you run HID's for your high beams - you will most likely fry your ballasts (unless you disco your daytimers) as most HID ballasts wont maintain stability on low voltage.

I'm just sharing what I have learned from personal experiences...no need to be a dick about it!!
well, you should try learning from an accredited source. no matter what you say or claim to have found out in your "experiences" you are dead wrong, HID bulbs in reflector housings cannot be properly aimed. end of story. there's a reason why a proper upgrade to HID's costs around a thousand dollars or more in newer vehicles for exactly the reasons you mention. these retrofit kits are cheap and dangerous. as long as idiots claim that their HID retrofits don't bother anyone I will be here to point out that they are irresponsible and uneducated. call me what you want. that's the way it is.

And I suppose I do owe you an apology for assuming you sell/install these kits. my bad.

Last edited:

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well, you should try learning from an accredited source. no matter what you say or claim to have found out in your "experiences" you are dead wrong, HID bulbs in reflector housings cannot be properly aimed. end of story. there's a reason why a proper upgrade to HID's costs around a thousand dollars or more in newer vehicles for exactly the reasons you mention. these retrofit kits are cheap and dangerous. as long as idiots claim that their HID retrofits don't bother anyone I will be here to point out that they are irresponsible and uneducated. call me what you want. that's the way it is.

And I suppose I do owe you an apology for assuming you sell/install these kits. my bad.

Buzzkill

Top Bottom