Hi from Melfort, SK

mrbig1971

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Just signed up tonight. Really like the layout of this site! My wife and I have just started to really love quadding the last year or so. My kids are somewhat into it to but I don't have enough quads yet. I currently own a 2007 Grizzly that I just love and just 3 weeks ago bought my wife a 2009 Polaris RZR. What a blast the RZR is!! We have some friends that own them also and they encouraged us to buy! One thing I really enjoy doing with the Grizzly is plowing snow.......I can't get enough! We are so looking forward to going together this spring to a couple of Rally's with her RZR! There is one problem....I don't like to swamp or get my toys real muddy!!!!!!!!! Too much invested to ride them that hard :)
Well that's all for now.....Talk at ya later!!

mrbig1971

grizzley1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
welcome aboard, sure do miss it out there ourselves, use ta live in mistatim and it was a blast, well be carefull of the rallys if you dont wanna get them machines dirty. the forest that is north of mistatim has lots of rideing out there and so does hudson bay

mrbig1971

Reaction score
Yes we have miles of Forest trails North of Melfort also and they are a blast!!

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard ,it will be hard to find riding without mud, many trails are great for a long stretch and then falls into a mud hole etc. just the way it is. I grew up around Carrot River & Nipawin, you can find some nice drier sandy type trails around Tobin Lake (a nice one follows the lake from the resort to the east) lots of trails in that area. Most of the others i can think of in your area will be muddy at least in spots.
I don't always like to be in the mud as well, but if you drive properly in it , it shouldn't hurt the machine at all, use low range when needed etc. and use the winch if stuck don't just keep trying without it. Your Grizzly is pretty much bullet proof, have fun, just clean it up often so you can spot anything wrong, like a torn cv boot etc.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
We actually have a pretty good following of guys and gals from Melfort and the surrounding areas...and yes, I grew up in Melfort, 5 miles N.E. of town.
Still have a sister who lives there and my Dad who is retired on the home land.

Albertian's just don't know what Sand is until you spend a day in the "Pines".

Mistatim....spent time there, Carrot River and Nipawin as well...and don't for get Tisdale, home of Brent Butt (Corner Gas).

Actually ran into a guy this weekend that my Wife grew up with in Melfort...small world isn't it.

Welcome to another Melfortonian...
Cheers

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Star City boy here but I spend most of the time in Melfort at one the Mckee households.....Freddy aka Freakshow is here also but he is in Florida right now picking up a car right now

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Murray, what is he picking up?

Dunno this is all I got from him when I was away....sounds a little PO'd but I would imagine a new toy will perk him up

Mach had a bearing start rattleing. building a new beast. dad took out a single strand elec fence and did 1300 worth to the apex( all parts coming in tues) and I am snowchecking a 1200 renegade X I have had it with this 2 stroke sh*t! 235 miles all f**king year and 135 of them were on larrys 11000 km gade.

just thought I would vent. I am off to florida to bring back a car in the morning

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca
Hey welcome to Snow and Mud. My wife Jessie is from Melfort. Her Dad still lives there and my Dad heads up there crop dusting almost every year. It is a great town. Maybe my wife knows ya?
Cheers

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
The older I get the more scared I am to answer these questons.
Am I old enough to know your Grandfather, Father, You, Your Kids your Grand kids...age is an interesting thing.

I'm 47. what age group are you you other peeps in?

Funny thing, last weekend summitric's wife intro'd me and the wife to a lady whom she has known for years...her husband is standing there and his last name is Orvald, my wife (who is also from Melfort) asks...yep, they went to school...same grade, I know his brother. been 25 years. WOW, what a small world.

Hey welcome to Snow and Mud. My wife Jessie is from Melfort. Her Dad still lives there and my Dad heads up there crop dusting almost every year. It is a great town. Maybe my wife knows ya?
Cheers

Top Bottom