HEY A** CLOWNS!!!!! Safety gear does not end at beacon, shovel probe!

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised at some of the responses to this thread. I would have thought that most people would have told you to F!@#$%F after calling them A**CLOWNS. If you want to raise awareness and still maintain credibility, show the people on this site some respect. A lot of the older members on this site are already aware of the do's and don't's of the mountains and don't appreciate a junior member with a condescending attitude call them A**CLOWNS. You yourself admitted to riding without a lot of the gear you mentioned, does that make you an A**CLOWN? No, it makes you a human, one that has learned from his mistakes. If you were to continue riding without this gear, knowing what you know now, that, would make you an A**CLOWN.

Now, I hope I didn't derail your thread because there are some very good points to be made. A lot of these points can be learned from taking an avalanche course. Lori from Zak's Tracks does an awesome job Bringing awareness of the do's and Don't's of mountain riding, and she doesn't resort to name calling.

I agree. This a$$clown's message is getting lost in the delivery.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, at one time I would fit in this category, and people are not telling me to F off, probably mainly because they see what I'm trying to do. Lastly, in advertising, they call it an attention grabber. Not trying to be offensive, just trying to get those who wouldn't typically read a " informational back country" or " what you need before heading into the back country" forum. Having s title like " a** clowns ", people tend to get curious. Now that that's out of the way, back to topic.

My buddy and I picked up the yellow T3, and we keep commenting on how well and easily we can find each other! Bright colours are defiantly a good call!
Mostly pissing people off.

sledneckx69

Reaction score
Got your attention enough to read it. If your not learning or finding anything useful on here, than by all means, stop wasting your time by reading the posts and above all, posting your self.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I shot a bear banger at a friend (we were running around a big pond in Airdrie, he was on the other side). It was so loud he crapped his pants. We saw a lady get off her bike and check her tires LMAO.

Lol I just about spit my beer up. That was good!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got your attention enough to read it. If your not learning or finding anything useful on here, than by all means, stop wasting your time by reading the posts and above all, posting your self.

Yes you got my attention, been called a lot worse and that stuff doesn't bug me anyway. Lol
I'm still looking for the RIGHT radio, but these BCA radios sound like the ticket, I like the programmable channels and the ease of switching from one to another. Looks like a good product.

The comment about the pencil flare was a great piece of advice, I didn't think of it and it also makes sence. Going out Monday to find one, to add to my survival kit. Thx Barry for the tip!

This in my opinion is a good thread.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I will have to look for some flares to. Good thought. Got a flash light and a lazer pointer but flares would be good to have for sure

sledneckx69

Reaction score
I found another place that sells them, http://www.mec.ca, don't know if they are any good or not. For $27, definitely worth a try.

Big nasty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a great post, who cares about the title. I too will be adding pencil flares and some other stuff to my collection. Thanks for the post!

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Doo u have any pics of u and ur buddy doubling on this yellow T3?

sledneckx69

Reaction score
A few other nifty ideas for starting fires for an accidental night over, steel wool & a 9V battery (just make sure you put electrical tape over the terminals while in storage), and if you have a lighter, dryer lint. Both forms are light and compact.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All fits in linq tunnel bag, backpack, handlebar bag, the glove box and rear compartment with room for extra waters, garbage, muff pot. Pack actually is quite light. Its not whiskey its Butter Ripple, lol. If you see these items on the trail please stop and grab em I'll be up a ways waitin.

Last edited:

sledneckx69

Reaction score
my garmin rino, extra goggles, fuel tank and bungee are not in the pic
Should almost take that pic. make a mini bill board and stick it at the parking lot entry of every area, well except the booze. Don't want to "promote drinking and sledding"! "If you don't have it, you NEED to go get it"! Haha, put search and rescue out of business!

trailrider

Reaction score
I picked up the pencil flares at Whole sale sports. They have a good selection of diff types and extras.

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Canuk tire has a good set of pencil flares to. Comes with bangers and diff flares

Top Bottom