help...

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
alright my problem. i'm the proud owner of a 10 m8 sno pro 162. it has 850 miles. my dilemma is I have been off work due to medical issues. I found an 07 rev xrs 173 beautiful sled. he has offered me that sled which has a recent top end less than 100 miles on it, 2800 on the sled itself about half that before the 173 and slp pipe and clutching. and on top of that he offered me 1800. I need the money but I just cant decide if i'm ready to go back to another rev I really like my sled. I really just don't know what to do...

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kind of going backwards if you ask me. Rev is old iron

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know, I liked my rev though and the money would be a good thing right about now... :/

joey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont know much about either of these sleds. but if its a fair deal than I would probably go for it as much as it hurts. if it gets you out of a jam. you'll still have a sled to ride and have some money to get through, maybe when you get past this money thing you can get your sled back! goodluck :)

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you need money then just sell the sled and buy another when the time is right. I assume if you are off work due to a medical condition you cannot sled neither......

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride with a guy that has an 07 XRS and is crap. Bad motors in a lot of those 07 doo 800's. i would stick with your cat. I'm not just saying that cuz I ride cat either. I used have a rev and loved it.

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you need money then just sell the sled and buy another when the time is right. I assume if you are off work due to a medical condition you cannot sled neither......

I better be healthy by sledding season :eek: if not I don't know what i'm gonna do. :(

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its got less than 100 miles on a fresh motor, all warranty work has the receipts to show it, not to mention the guy that put the motor back in for him is a very accomplished mechanic that I've known for years, i just found out he did all the work i miss the simplicity of no electronics... lol

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you don't get all caught up in brand loyalty BS, and that $1800 (hell, try for $2000) is going to get you out of a bind then I don't see why not... if you can swing it without the $1800 just mothball the Cat and pray for snow.

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not brand specific by any means, I've had everything and for the most part liked all of them, I went with the m8 cause I had been having bad luck with used and I got a killer deal, but the 1800 would make a huge difference right now... in any case, this is the link to the rev... 2007 Ski Doo 800 Summit XRS 174 *they used all 08 parts to rebuild. spoke to the mechanic

wyodirtbagdad

Reaction score
End of the day if it was me, which I could careless what it is I will still ride it like a rental, sell what you got. Use what cash you need from the sale to get you out of the bind. Anything left over put back into some sort of Iron you could pay cash for, and beat on it for the season- DirtbagDad

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not brand specific by any means, I've had everything and for the most part liked all of them, I went with the m8 cause I had been having bad luck with used and I got a killer deal, but the 1800 would make a huge difference right now... in any case, this is the link to the rev... 2007 Ski Doo 800 Summit XRS 174 *they used all 08 parts to rebuild. spoke to the mechanic
Hey I know that sled PM me I can help .Who rebuilt it.?

Top Bottom