Help!!!

cookgio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a 97 summit 670 and i went to take my primary clutch off to clean and service it and my puller broke off just after the treads so now i have a piece of the puller stuck in the bolt hole and the clutch is still on how do i get it out. it is to far in to use a tap and puller.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You'll have to drill it out oversized and tap new threads, then make your own puller out of a long threaded bolt.

i have a 97 summit 670 and i went to take my primary clutch off to clean and service it and my puller broke off just after the treads so now i have a piece of the puller stuck in the bolt hole and the clutch is still on how do i get it out. it is to far in to use a tap and puller.

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
to remove the outer sheave is to take the head of a 3 lb rubber mallet and insert it between the sheaves. Then, pound on the handle of that mallet with another mallet and work the front sheave of the clutch off as shown here. It takes a fair amount of force. A few hits, then turn, a few more hits, than turn again .... etc.. Doo tech.jpg

It will look like this after
Doo tech 2.jpg

cookgio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what would happen if i put sled on side and put water in hole then put the clutch bolt back in would it pop it off because of the water pressure. any more ideas would be very greatful cause we all know the snow is comming.

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pour boiling hot water over the spindle between the two sheaves to loosen the bond; I would wrap a small rag around the spindle first to help keep the heat focused it may help to use a slide hammer and chain to aid in removel

or (not something I would try)

Leave the side panel off, install the belt, Lift the rear off the ground, Fire her up, WFO and watch out lol

Boostmonkey.

Last edited:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what would happen if i put sled on side and put water in hole then put the clutch bolt back in would it pop it off because of the water pressure. any more ideas would be very greatful cause we all know the snow is comming.
If you can screw the bolt into the outer threads still...YES this will work.

Top Bottom