Help

crosroads

Reaction score
So I'm trying to get the sleds ready for the season, oil change, grease and such.... but i and one issue.... how the he!! do you change the oil filter on a newer phazer??? I just can't get at it. The nytro was easy and is done, but the phazer is impossible, makes me regret buying it.

crosroads

Reaction score
Ya I was thinkin the same thing... come on guys, anyone know how to get the filter out??? how do the dealers do it?

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had one last season and I changed it by getting rid of the whole thing and buying a Rev. That's actually the easiest way.;) I asked the dealer about this when I had mine and he said they don't need to be done til you have 3500 to 4000 kms on them. It is a B!tch of a job to do when you do decide to do it. Something about the seat and a bunch of other parts have to come off. If I were you I'd just sell it. I have zero regrets getting rid of mine:beer:

crosroads

Reaction score
Believe me I'm tempted to sell it but it's the wife's sled and i don't have the extra coin to do that. Never should've bought it, but hindsight is always 2020.

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
let me look it up and let you know cant be that hard..

give me a few min

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hope this helps

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-12-04 at 10.35.52 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-12-04 at 10.35.52 PM.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 129
  • Screen shot 2010-12-04 at 10.36.23 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-12-04 at 10.36.23 PM.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 131
  • Screen shot 2010-12-04 at 10.36.33 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-12-04 at 10.36.33 PM.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 134

tonykunz

Reaction score
if you really don't want to get too crazy, you could maybe try sucking all the oil out through the dipstick, then just slowly adding oil back down that way. Filter change is your discretion.

Jeepindg

Reaction score
I dont know about your phazer, but for my apex they told me the same thing just change oil seasonaly and change the filter at 4000 KM ---(in a car you'd change at 8-12000 KM
But I wanted to change the filter anyways,

So for the apex I removed the headlight intake, battery, and tray, and then got down to the filter --- and then stuff the bellypan with rags because the oil from the filter will just dump into the bellypan and make a mess.

It took me lots of time the first time because I wasnt sure what to remove, and what to not remove. but now its easy because I know what im doing.

Hopefully this shed a litttle light on your phaser, --- if you can see the filter, --- Just keep removing parts till its out LOL .

Good luck

crosroads

Reaction score
Ya the manual says to do it every 20000 km (seems long) but i wanted to change the filter as it is just finished it's breakin period and it just feels wrong to change the oil without the filter.

Jeepindg

Reaction score
Ya the manual says to do it every 20000 km (seems long) but i wanted to change the filter as it is just finished it's breakin period and it just feels wrong to change the oil without the filter.

Yea thats what I thought too, But thinking about it --- the oil filter has enough capacity for many Km of possible dirt and carbon, which in the snow were not getting much (dirt) ---the oil is mainly getting viscocity breakdown and a simple change is all that chould be needed to clean out the little unfiltered crap in there and restore good oil to the bearings.

Id change my filter just after break-in then let it go for a few seasons or the alloted KM --- just keep changing the oil seasonaly

lagrek

Reaction score
Apex was hell to change but then i realized if you pull the belly pan it is easy, at least on the Nytro not sure about the Phazer, good luck

Top Bottom