Help with xp air intake !??

rylester331

Reaction score
image.jpg Does anyone know anything about this kit ?

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have been around both setups. Go with an SLP 3" on the primary airbox and save ur self some bucks time and hassle. Never bogs when you dump the intake side in pulls any lacking air supply through the 3" and never a problem Cheers.

rylester331

Reaction score
Haha ok , i still don't understand it completely, what else do I need after that ?
Thanks
ryley

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the SLP one on my '08 an it did exactly what they said it would. Also it's in a nice location to brush the snow off on the go if it does get covered. That first one looks good too though

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Haha ok , i still don't understand it completely, what else do I need after that ?
Thanks
ryley

Ryley, that is it! This air intake is in the engine compartment. On the top of the air box. Yes, you are not bringing in cold outside air but rather heated engine compartment air but for the little bit of time the outside air vent gets plugged this works great. The SLP vents have a rubber donut that just fits inside the proper sized hole (note that I said "proper sized hole") and it is done.

Trinity Taz

Reaction score
You might try the 3 inch PowAir vents if you don't want to be sucking in hot air and losing horsepower. Just my $.03...darn inflation!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I made a snorkle for mine that sucks extra air into the outer air box. Got rid of most of the issues but they plug up to on deep pow days.

So I added a 3 inch frog skin to the mag side of the lower air box which I can cover up on days its not needed. Have a Velcro cover that covers it.

sent from A UNKNOWN PLACE IN TEA LAND

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's the tubes.

Don't have any pics of the lower box tho.

sent from A UNKNOWN PLACE IN TEA LAND

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379995798392.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379995798392.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 59
  • uploadfromtaptalk1379995818854.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379995818854.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 59

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ryley, that is it! This air intake is in the engine compartment. On the top of the air box. Yes, you are not bringing in cold outside air but rather heated engine compartment air but for the little bit of time the outside air vent gets plugged this works great. The SLP vents have a rubber donut that just fits inside the proper sized hole (note that I said "proper sized hole") and it is done.

Guess I should have given more info about location and what ya gotta doo to instal? Kinda makes me giggle a little when peeps mention the warm air intake part. It only grabs from there when the primary intake is buried and the hp drop I never noticed by havin warmer air goin through her. My RT 1000 had pods on it and it had no problems with warm air, Theres alot of holes for air to get in under the hood jus sayin.

rylester331

Reaction score

Ok sweet so I'm going to get the slp one ! Should I get the powder valve to ??
Thanks

Top Bottom