Help with New quad suggenstions pros and cons

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Then wifey can come too. And you can lay a licking on your quad guys at the same time. Push twice as much snow to boot. And haul a whole moose.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm usually an Impulse buy kind of guy, but lately I'm really trying to slow down and weigh all the potential pros and cons of an item (really pissed my wife off at the grocery store hahaha) so I really want to be well informed.

This quad will likely (hopefully) last me 4-5 years as a main ride, then become 'the spare'. Our group, as a rule, loves water, hates mud and is more into trail riding for the fun of it. Basically, exploring.

My main uses will be snow plowing, mowing, and the above exploring/ swimming, etc. A bit of hunting thrown in also.

I'm not a major power freak, but I do enjoy a good wheelie. In the case of my old 07 Brute Force, a reverse wheelie haha.

Can you grizzly guys get the front end up fairly easy? I know from experience that the can am will carry a wheelie for a while.....

Thanks for all the input guys!

dealer is support is huge for me... your in Peace River and Shad runs a great dealership at Maximum power sports with great support...IMOP he's honest and reliable... all i could ever want in dealership...

i don't like the mud that much either so i went for a grizzly 700 for the front diff lock... i ride with buddies with can ams and lots of Honda's. My bike goes everywhere there's do...we tow the honda lots cause its only 7 inches off the ground... the diff lock has only ever helped me once when we were in a very slow tight turning spot where we had to make a hard left hand turn over mud and a wet log... the can ams really had to wind up to make it.. the grizz just crawled over it... can am guys don't flame me... i know i know i watched all the youtube traction video's too... maybe it was the riders... also the big wide can am that looks like a farm tractor flipped on us... i know rider error just saying..

So i imagine for crawling over rocks if that's what you mean the diff lock would have an advantage... the grizz is a big comfy machine im 6 1" and ride standing up a lot and the ergonomics are awesome... yes the can am will kick your butt in a drag race... i put 27 inch tires on my grizz and NO I can not get to it wheelie albeit everyone else with a grizz gets Shad to do a clutch job and problem solved... i didn't care for it and my bike is fast enough the way it is... the can am is so fast it has the ability to ride ontop of the skeg... my quad does not! But once again i don't care for it and when i have to get through it i always do...

FYI did you hear the add about the new grizzly's in GP 7800$ that's a steal... ask Shad if he can match and go from there... lots to think about and i was a honda guy... i just wanted reliable, good ground clearance and diff lock... and so i got the grizzly

im a big hunter and in diff lock 4x4 low this quad has pulled moose out from the nastiest of swamps... moose pulling grunt is awesome and the grizzly has never slipped or burnt a belt for me... ever

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honda...what the hell ever happened to them anyway. I see lots of tree planters using the brp's now, they claim only thing they ever have do to them is buy tires and brakes. Grizzly's in the past have suffered from a lot of heating issues and boiling gas problems. I am sure they have it fixed buy now???? heck even my yamaha rhino overheats, but i think i have it fixed now i added some extreme sport antifreeze which seemed to help a lot.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honda...what the hell ever happened to them anyway. I see lots of tree planters using the brp's now, they claim only thing they ever have do to them is buy tires and brakes. Grizzly's in the past have suffered from a lot of heating issues and boiling gas problems. I am sure they have it fixed buy now???? heck even my yamaha rhino overheats, but i think i have it fixed now i added some extreme sport antifreeze which seemed to help a lot.

Honda's still pretty frigg'n reliable but also has no clearance and no suspension - I think they all still have a solid rear axle except for the Rincon. Grizzlies don't boil gas anymore. ALL big boars overheat once the rad gets dirty enough - high performance coolant goes a long way to helping but not anywhere near as far as keeping your rad spotless. Once I relocated mine, I haven't had a single overheating issue even when mud running in 30+ weather.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride the best on the couch using the keyboard. Never have issues...

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dealer is support is huge for me... your in Peace River and Shad runs a great dealership at Maximum power sports with great support...IMOP he's honest and reliable... all i could ever want in dealership...

i don't like the mud that much either so i went for a grizzly 700 for the front diff lock... i ride with buddies with can ams and lots of Honda's. My bike goes everywhere there's do...we tow the honda lots cause its only 7 inches off the ground... the diff lock has only ever helped me once when we were in a very slow tight turning spot where we had to make a hard left hand turn over mud and a wet log... the can ams really had to wind up to make it.. the grizz just crawled over it... can am guys don't flame me... i know i know i watched all the youtube traction video's too... maybe it was the riders... also the big wide can am that looks like a farm tractor flipped on us... i know rider error just saying..

So i imagine for crawling over rocks if that's what you mean the diff lock would have an advantage... the grizz is a big comfy machine im 6 1" and ride standing up a lot and the ergonomics are awesome... yes the can am will kick your butt in a drag race... i put 27 inch tires on my grizz and NO I can not get to it wheelie albeit everyone else with a grizz gets Shad to do a clutch job and problem solved... i didn't care for it and my bike is fast enough the way it is... the can am is so fast it has the ability to ride ontop of the skeg... my quad does not! But once again i don't care for it and when i have to get through it i always do...

FYI did you hear the add about the new grizzly's in GP 7800$ that's a steal... ask Shad if he can match and go from there... lots to think about and i was a honda guy... i just wanted reliable, good ground clearance and diff lock... and so i got the grizzly

im a big hunter and in diff lock 4x4 low this quad has pulled moose out from the nastiest of swamps... moose pulling grunt is awesome and the grizzly has never slipped or burnt a belt for me... ever

Shad sure does run a great shop. Worked for him in high school then quit to go start an electrical apprenticeship. Worst thing I ever did was leave there.

Maybe I'm getting sucked into the Can Am vortex for all the wrong reasons.... I'll go talk to shad about some simple mods, and the real capabilities of these things in comparison to the other ones out there

I've had two side by sides. While great machines and amazingly capable, it's time for a quad for now again

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My office partner is selling his 2013 1000xt in camo, bought it last summer has about 200km,.. says take over payments. Shoot me a pm and I will give you his number if you are interested

I replied on Monday,.. I take it you will not be interested and I can let him know accordingly

Thanks

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes i know about hondas, I have a 1984 atc and a 2002 foreman. The ride is second to none and brakes are about the same. But i sure have pulled a lot of other quads out with them ..especially on a hot day. The rzr has way less heating problems than my rhino. So i think yamaha still has to deal with this, in my opinion.

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I replied on Monday,.. I take it you will not be interested and I can let him know accordingly

Thanks

I would be but am still about a month out from buying. Trying to research different options. Plus, taking over payments almost never works out for either party

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be but am still about a month out from buying. Trying to research different options. Plus, taking over payments almost never works out for either party

Not really hes already paid the interest and there is 1.5yrs left on warranty, also comes with extras,.. but whatever.

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Help with New quad suggenstions pros and cons-UPDATE

Well. Thanks to the great advice and help here, I made a deal on a leftover 13 outty xt 1000 yesterday. (Sorry Shad).I'll be back on a blue one when they update the grizzly that's 5+ years overdue.

For mods, I'm thinking ricochet skids, and likely 28 inch zillas. I'll likely add BRP over fenders and hand and thumb warmers plus a plow and a linq box or two. Just going for a nice trail quad.

Thoughts?

Thanks again all!

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You done good. Enjoy! No clutching necessary with 28" Zillas.

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Great choice, you will never look back at another Piano again

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Buy a rad washer,,Just saying

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You done good. Enjoy! No clutching necessary with 28" Zillas.

how about 29.5 outlaws?....

Also what's a rad washer?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

how about 29.5 outlaws?....

Also what's a rad washer?

With Laws or Backs I would run at least a clutch kit. Rad washer=portable little water pump or big water gun/cannon used to clean rad when it gets muddy.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

With Laws or Backs I would run at least a clutch kit. Rad washer=portable little water pump or big water gun/cannon used to clean rad when it gets muddy.

Gotcha. Ya I think I might just pick up a small little super soaker. Serve two purposes: clean the rad and spray the girls

Top Bottom