Help with furnace!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Got a Lennox furnace in my garage, works Awsome but the bearings in the fan are shot,I took the belt off the motor but can't figure out how to get the tub out so i can replace the bearings or the tub,no matter what I have to replace I would just like to know how to get the damn thing out,Any tips would be appreciated! thx:beer::rant:Will try to post some pics later if that helps.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it's the same as mine the entire squirrel fan assembly has to come out to get the motor out. When getting the new motor (that is all you should need and should be easy to find) pay attention to the rpm of the motor. I got he same RPM but still had issues with the heat limits (new motor seemed to blow more air than old motor) and they had to be reset. Pictures will help for sure.....

Last edited:

Audette13

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lay down, look up under the housing/tub should be 2 screws pointing vertical holding the wheel/housing(tub) on/up. remove screws and then slide housing/wheel assembly out and go from there. hope that my jiberish makes some sense

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thx guys, audette you nailed it , took the motor out a and then the two screws and the whole tub dropped down. Got it out and it is in rough shape, the shaft is broken and the bearing are shot. OK now another question, where would a guy go to try and get parts or possibly a new fan. Here are a few pics of my mess lol.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Sledhead96

Reaction score
Try b&g plumbing or wolsley. I think they carry heating supplies as well. I know Andrew sherrit? Does but I'm not sure if there's one in Edmonton.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW that is IDENTICAL to my furnace. That little white button on the silver box..... Get it all together and then pull the white button out. That will turn the fan on continuously so you can test it. (rather than running up stairs to crank up the thermostat. Lucky you! mine went when it was -25 and I was in a panic to find a motor so my house didn't freeze up.

Last edited:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
WOW that is IDENTICAL to my furnace. That little white button on the silver box..... Get it all together and then pull the white button out. That will turn the fan on continuously so you can test it. (rather than running up stairs to crank up the thermostat. Lucky you! mine went when it was -25 and I was in a panic to find a motor so my house didn't freeze up.
Can I borrow your fan, will return middle of March or when I find replacement lol ! Won't have to run far, this furnace is in my garage, 30 below and crank her on and you got your jacket off in 15 minutes,works almost too good, kind of why I want to fix rather than replace.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Highflying, take care of that furnace, just found out most parts are discontinued including the ones I need, now I'm looking for a used blower and I will jimmy rig it in one way or another, anybody got a used furnace that they don't want let me know

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow really! Well that Sux. I found a motor for mine at Fans and Motor Supply in Calgary.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thx, waiting to see if I can find some used parts.

Audette13

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no problem Cat,
i kinda do that stuff for a living. most furnaces are like that. Armymags is righ try lennox, also you might have the best luck at sopers supply, 10519 114 St NW, Edmonton, AB T5H 3J6

bring in the whole assembly, they can usually find something to work.

good luck

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks, I got a couple people looking and from what I can tell if it will fit in the hole I should be able to make it work, found a new universal one for 430 bucks, it will be a cold day in my garage before that happens LOL!

mavverick

Reaction score
I would look at WWG (Warner's). They have Lennox parts
if you can't find parts or they end up costing too much I can probably get you a used furnace
As I replace furnaces weekly. May even find you a doner

Let me know.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Found a universal one new but not about to drop $450 bucks for it, I am however looking for a used blower and I will jimmy rig it in, lots of room and most blowers would likely work as it basically just screws up to to bottom, if it fits in the bottom of the furnace I can make it work. If one of you guys got one I will gladly come pick it up, got a few people looking so hoping someone comes through, scrap yards no longer let you come and take them or parts off, safety issue I'm told

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just remember if you are putting a new motor or fan in you may need to set your limits. If the fan blows too much it will cool the plenum down too much and kick your gas off (will hit lower limit setting) the furnace will keep calling for heat so will kick back on, they cycle continues. Normally you never want to play with your upper limit. Mine was maxed out (some one was messing with it) so I had to decease mine to a safe upper limit. I plane on upgrading my furnace in the next few years. I'll post my old one on here when I go to get ride of it.........

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thx, I will use the same motor and hopefully I can find one with basically the same size squirrel cage and should be good. It is in my garage and only turn it on when needed, hope to replace it in the next year or two.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks to hdkawi I got the complete assembly and installed it this morning , garage is heating up right now, now back to the sled, rip er down and find that Air leak!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 55
Top Bottom