Help talking buddy out of mod sled!!

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My husband rode his brand new sled three times before he sold it for modded RX1. The sled was a lesson learned and took thirty grand to make right but he loved riding it and I don't think until you ride one you ever get the itch out of your system. It's a guy thing.

The sled is finally perfect and he's gone back to a two stroke..... RX1 for sale :)

My money is Mama is right. No way to talk him out of it just let him and he will find out for himself. If i was a pr!ck i would start a pool on when it will be back up for sale but maybe we will just go to vale and ride allan creek instead.:rolleyes: Has the new trail opened yet or just the old one??;)

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like he is going to buy it anyway so we will see what happens. I just hope he doesn't lose his shirt if he doesn't like it and has to sell it.

TB
Crappy part is a guy loses his shirt whenever you sell a sled but the more modded the sled it seems like more of a loss!Also if you by a mod sled be prepared to work on it!Modded sleds are like a hot chick 'someone somewhere is tired of its crap and the wallet starting to dry up'!

K45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet who ever built the sled took the big loss already.
You never know he might ride it with no issues, there is a big difference between stock and turbo/supercharged.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crappy part is a guy loses his shirt whenever you sell a sled but the more modded the sled it seems like more of a loss!Also if you by a mod sled be prepared to work on it!Modded sleds are like a hot chick 'someone somewhere is tired of its crap and the wallet starting to dry up'!

Isn't this the truth? We will never re-coup the money we spent to make this sled right- but we learned some valuable lessons along the way, a tonne about the mechanical side. Plus the smile on my husbands face when I went and got it for him was priceless... And everytime he rode it... And again when he came with me on a trip to do photos for Thunderstruck and got to climb his first chute on film was pretty awesome. Even I have come to love the sound of the turbo spooling and the blow off valve ;).

Some things you just have to chalk up to experience and move on without regret. Someone is going to get a beauty sled, and I am going to get valuable space in my shop back!!

IRC

Reaction score
I have an 03 RX1 SC that is almost gas and go as long as I keep it out of the trees. I ride everything my buddies ride and don't get stuck any more than they do. Yes it is heavy when stuck, but I'm not putting a motor in it every second year and I have pulled out at least one of every brand when their more reliable sleds were broken. Lots of different reasons to own a sled, therefore sort of fitting that there are lots of different sleds to pick from!

Top Bottom