HELP PLEASE! RK-TEK clutch kit.

m7 carver

Reaction score
I installed an rk-tek clutch kit on my m7 tonight and am wondering why it seems so tight? Is this normal? I have the grey coloured spring and it has green markings on it. Any comments would be appreciated!

m7 carver

Reaction score
Like to push the helix in to get the belt on, i got it on and tried i out today and it seems to work good but just wondering?

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would think that's normal, that's probably what the kit is made to do give it more spring tension. Did you lose any top speed? The reason I ask is cause I just put a RK torsional helix in my m1000 and it only does 62-65mph. But I never drove it before with the stock helix.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U can also loosen it to get more rpm by setting it all the way to the right on the notches ( i think). And less rpm by tightening towards the left, adjust accordingly to elevation and mods

m7 carver

Reaction score
I dont know for sure if i lost any top speed. ok, i got it set right in the middle at the moment but will probaly play with it a bit once were in the hills. thanks for the info

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can also ask glen at spindrift in mcbride he installs alot of them and just did mine in my M8 havent had a chance to try it yet. but i do believe that the spring in there is stiffer or longer or both as it is a custom spring that RKT makes (helps the M8 get reverse) mine is the middle, i asked glen about it and he runs them in the middle or one to the tighter side depending on snow conditions. but i imagine middle is probably damn close.

Top Bottom