Help need riding area

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Need some good riding areas in central Ab. I was going to the CNP and over to Fairamont Hot Springs but to many fire bans and forest bans in souther Ab. Once you get into BC there is a fire where we have to go though so now thinking of going to central western Ab.. please let me know we I could go. We like some mud and trails riding. Nothing that is extreme please. Thinking of the Red Deer area. Please help want to leave in the morning. Also have wifes with us so need a bit of activity for them. Thanks Mark:confused:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Hey, Articdodge......... I Would Seriously Look West Of Rocky Mountain House..... I Know Lots Of Guys/kids/ Families That Have Spent Lots Of Time Out There.... Good Camping Spots Too. I Know On This Site, There Has Been Lots Of Talk.... Check Previous Threads??? Good Luck And Have A Safe Time Quaddin':d

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
West of Rocky is one area we are looking at also depending on distance maybe Idaho. Got to check the maps and figure it out,see how far we want to drive.

TomKat72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
to arcticdodge:
I used to live just outside of Spokane (Fairchild AFB) years ago. Unfortunately I didn't get the opportunity to sled anywhere while there . I did however do some off-roading around the Kellog and Wallace areas. A lot of trees but there should be good snow and lots of old mine roads everywhere. I'd check with one of your local sled dealers or see if there is a snowmobile club around. They may not give away thier secret riding areas but they should head you in the right direction for some decent riding. I'm sure any of the clubs would love to show off thier great trails! Good luck! Oh.....and thanks for the welcome! (earlier post)

Sorry! Was in the sledding mind-set :Snowmobile1:. If you were talking about riding the quad.....there should be a lot of riding available for the wheeler! Try searching the U.S. Forrest Service web sites for maps, or even go to the nearby towns' web-site for information on riding/vacationing. Good luck and "Welcome to Idaho"!

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well we are going to go up to Rocky Mt. House and try out the area. I looked at SafariGuy site and it look like a fun place to ride. Will take lots of pics and video and will try to post them when I get back in 10 days:). Thanks for the help guys.

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got back today after a 2 week hiatus. Ended up at RMH for 2 days then went over to Nordegg. Only managed to put on about 140-150 km's. Nice area but the wife/kids were bored. Campground (Upper Shunda Creek)had no services and it rained on and off for four days. Very nice campround hosts. Did manage to get myself some very expensive "Ice Cream" $230:nono: for driving on highway for about 20 feet, plus the cost of ice cream. I still personally like the CNP, but I know that area very well. Hoping to get back up to Nordegg with some other friends in September and try and put on a few more cheaper miles. Hopefully they know the area better than I did. After Nordegg drove to Fairamont Hot Springs for a few days and then to Sparwood and home. So hopefully back to work soon the government is giong to want their :twocents: x a whole bunch more. :banned:

Top Bottom