Help. Is there such thing as a brake light harness splitter?

snowslut

Reaction score
Do they make a brake light harness splitter with stock plugs for a Chevy ? I was hoping there was such a thing so I could have it for my sled deck rather than hard wiring the deck lights in. Something I could just unplug in the summer ?
Thanks

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
GM used to have a plug that was specifically for like the brake light on a canopy that was wired directly only for brakes, and not hooked in the normal brake/turn signal circuit. I am pretty sure all the 99-07's have it. The newer trucks however do not. So regardless of what you do your brake lights will blink with one of the turn signals if you have a GMT900 bodystyle truck.

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wire a trailer 4 wire plug to the deck wiring and plug it in to the trailer plug(assuming you have one) Lots of dialectric to keep corrosin away and in the summer it unplugs.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
There is in some trucks the camper wiring harness by the left rear cab mount that you can tap into for wiring
I think the tan wire is tail lamps. But it does say on the harness which color each wire is.

HoldMyBeerAndWatchThis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wire a trailer 4 wire plug to the deck wiring and plug it in to the trailer plug(assuming you have one) Lots of dialectric to keep corrosin away and in the summer it unplugs.

X2, this what i use, quick and easy, you can pick up the male end at princess auto or Napa for under $5

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For my marker lights on my deck I tied into the wiring at the D/S rear tail light and used a simple two wire flat plug. This way I can unplug the lights for the deck when I pull it and the wire stuffs back into the stake pocket out of sight.
You could do the same with a 4 wire flat if you wanted to do brake lights. I don't reccommend using butt connectors where you tie into the light harness but rather solder and heat shrink to keep it from getting corroded and die-electric grease on the plug.

Last edited:

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Go to a hitch place the can put a 7 or 4 pin one in the box same as a 5th wheel if you go 7 pin then you have more options for wiring in under deck lighting

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For my marker lights on my deck I tied into the wiring at the D/S rear tail light and used a simple two wire flat plug. This way I can unplug the lights for the deck when I pull it and the wire stuffs back into the stake pocket out of sight.
You could do the same with a 4 wire flat if you wanted to do brake lights. I don't reccommend using butt connectors where you tie into the light harness but rather solder and heat shrink to keep it from getting corroded and die-electric grease on the plug.

This is exactly how I have mine set up.

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to a hitch place the can put a 7 or 4 pin one in the box same as a 5th wheel if you go 7 pin then you have more options for wiring in under deck lighting

thats what i did as well, just make sure they put the plug at the back of the box... i just wired the 7 pin connector to my deck not all the pins will be used just the ones needed

hedge

Reaction score
When I had my deck I made up a plug so I could plug in in to my 7-pin in bed connector for the 5th wheel, worked great.

Top Bottom