HELP! Darn 08 honda rubicon

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK now what?? i was in the meadow last night, got sucked onto a willow, pinned it do get over it and at that moment it started poping and then it died?? im confuzed! I still have the problem with the reverse..... but from what i see its code 3 for the reverse, and code 10 for this poping thing?? It will only run with the choke on... and only at 1/4 throttle????
:confused:

just turned over 5700 kms!!

wire unplugged??

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have the means to check the battery on a load tester? I would think if it starts off the battery, the battery should not be your problem but I have seen stranger things. Also clean all your grounds.

Have you tried the reset procedure?

The next option would be a trip to the dealer or see if the dealer will give you the test procedures from the service manual for Codes 3 and 10. The test procedures from the manual are quite lengthy but will pin point the problem. The cost of a Honda service manual can be recovered if you can make your own repairs.

I would check/change the gear position switch (code 3) before I tackled the code 10 problem as the code 3 problem may be causing the code 10 problem as well. On codes 8 - 12 I have found are almost always caused by another code or a bad ecm.

Another option would be to find another 08 that you could swap out the gear postion switch and then the ecm to troubleshoot the problem. Do the reset procedure each time a part is changed.

brianwmcdonald

Reaction score
You could have a jammed or bent gear lever. I had this issue with mine when going into reverse and it ended up being the lever was caked with mud and junk and wouldn't go fully into position, cleaned around it good and haven't had the issue since.

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well shes fixed! dealer told me there was more water then gas in the tank.... LOL dont ask me how it got there hahah
and i forget now what he said about the revers.... but shes running again!! it only has 5600 kms on it?? that things got a good 5000+ left in her....

cheers

Top Bottom