HELP! Completely uneducated girlfriend needs great Xmas Gift Ideas

tiffy1991

Reaction score
Help! Ok, so I am dating a snowmobile-aholic and I need help figuring out what to buy him for Christmas.... any suggestions on the latest and greatest toys?
Also, he has mentioned wanting to get a self contained camcorder that he can attach to his helmut so they can video their trips.... any reccomendations on this either?

thanks so much
t

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are you sure "self contained camcorder that he can attach to his helmut" is for sledding ?? :) just kidding. Does he have a SPOT gps tracking device ?? these seem to be going around

sledhead65

Reaction score
The firstthing you man needs is SAFETY!

If he sleds alone in the vale area like i do(my buddies always are working) he needs help out of a jam if he breaks down. Yes they do break down and its breed non specific.

Survival gear is relatively inexpensive. I do reccomend a sat phone. Even if he's fine and having fun there is no excuse to not get a call from him saying he misses you. Just my 2 cents... other than that a Nos system (he can get home faster lol)

Don

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my wife started buying me gift certificates to the local sled shop a few years back, may seem a little impersonal, but believe me, he'll love it....I know I do! that way you will be sure he gets what he wants, and it fits...lol. I'm thinking new helmet with this years' coupon....:d

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think a man who has a "Completely uneducated girlfriend" has everything he need's!!!!!

Sorry could not resist. Goggles are a good gift $40 - $200, Helmet cam $100 - $1000, New helmet $150 $650ish, just saw the new Doo X helmet very cool if he's a Doo guy. Sled gloves,socks,shirt,pants etc Klim stuff is the way to go. And if he don't like any of that stuff PM me, I'll explain it to the wife some how.

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if he does not have Klim or good gear go to Klim Canada web site and spend some money...he will love you forever..if he already has that gift certificates are a great idea..

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Can't go wrong with a whipped cream bikini :eek:

but go with Gift certificates and he can buy what he wants :d

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My wife got me a ABS Avy backpack a couple years ago! 1000.000 approx.
catmando!

RevBlk

Reaction score
I know the gift certificates are well received but my wife went the extra mile. Not to Hi-jack but here it is. She got my bro in law to call me & say to research what kind of sled he should replace his ailing 600 HO with. I do the math etc., and make my recommendation. Should have known something was up. He's a doo dude & I came up with a Cat. Guess what is sitting in the driveway X-mas morning. New Cat for me. I was thrilled. I even let her touch me that nite. Do the same thing. A helmet, suit, beacon if he is a mountain rider. What ever. His sledding pals will know what he wants.
Good Luck.
Rev

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think a man who has a "Completely uneducated girlfriend" has everything he need's!!!!!

Sorry could not resist. Goggles are a good gift $40 - $200, Helmet cam $100 - $1000, New helmet $150 $650ish, just saw the new Doo X helmet very cool if he's a Doo guy. Sled gloves,socks,shirt,pants etc Klim stuff is the way to go. And if he don't like any of that stuff PM me, I'll explain it to the wife some how.

hehehe yup! :d

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
shovel and probe. not too expensive and get the shovel with a saw in the handle.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Help! Ok, so I am dating a snowmobile-aholic and I need help figuring out what to buy him for Christmas.... any suggestions on the latest and greatest toys?
Also, he has mentioned wanting to get a self contained camcorder that he can attach to his helmut so they can video their trips.... any reccomendations on this either?

thanks so much
t

Check out or www.twenty20camera.com] [/URL] for cameras. I have on from twenty20 and it works good. I am however thinking about getting the gopro one, it is cheaper.

tiffy1991

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for all your help.... uneducated about sledding ....yes, but that's about it!
Thinking I will go with cam or GPS at this point....

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tiffy1991... if you are as uneducated as you say you are ;) then your boyfriend is probbably uneducated as well..... so I'm guessing he is riding a Doo. I would probably get him tools :rolleyes: :d

When I was dating my wife, way back when, our first Christmas together she bought me a brand new Cat helmut. It was the best gift I ever got. She spent $275.00 bucks on it!!! I was so impressed that I ended up marrying her... and not just because she had perky double D's. I still have the helmut to this day, 15 years later. :) However, she no longer has the perky double D's :(

Enjoy your shopping.

RevBlk

Reaction score
And you better have that helmet on when she reads this. OMG. Gutsy play Maverick.
Rev

Top Bottom