Help changing main jets on rev

kanders

Reaction score
I am going riding to Golden and have to change main jets on three of my familys sleds.
2007 GTX 550F
2007 Summit 550F
2007 500ss (carburated 600 liquid)
Do I have to remove carbs to do this or is there an easier way?
I had a look at the summit 550. Sure looks harder than the last time I did this job (28 years ago on a TNT 340 FA)Ha Ha . Any tips to make this a little easier would be greatly appreciated.

Bambino

Reaction score
Its not that hard. If this link works you can look at the breakdown of each carb for model and year. You could either buy a jet wrench when you purchase your jets of a small socket would easily work.Brp parts page.:beer:

BRP Part Catalogs

Pappillion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am going riding to Golden and have to change main jets on three of my familys sleds.
2007 GTX 550F
2007 Summit 550F
2007 500ss (carburated 600 liquid)
Do I have to remove carbs to do this or is there an easier way?
I had a look at the summit 550. Sure looks harder than the last time I did this job (28 years ago on a TNT 340 FA)Ha Ha . Any tips to make this a little easier would be greatly appreciated.

They can be tricky to get to but very easy to change. Unscrew the plug on the bottom of the carb bowl (Drain bowl). Then with a socket just unscrew the jet that is inside there. I had to disconnect the carbs from the reed boots to get access to the bowls. They just unscrew and screw back in. But you shouldn't have to rejet to go to the mountains. That is what the DPM is for. Depending where you live you should have 440 in there and that was good for my sled up there.

Top Bottom