Helmets

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to pickup a new lid... Needs to be lightweight, anyone have any suggestions.

yes I am aware of motofist and 509... So other suggestions rather than that.

currently own a hjc carbon but it's about 7yrs old now...

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
super super love the new motorfist Alpha which is in my mind the lightest most epic helmet ever.. Other options to consider perhaps the new LS2 helmets. Good value and wicked quality. Our rep left one at the shop and I wore it around and was super impressed.

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love my Suomy - Crazy light compared to anything else I've tried. Also a lot more air-flow compared to anything else I've worn. No more over-heating problems for me.

Last edited:

Popik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'll second the Fly F2 carbon. Super light and mines been doing well for 2 seasons now

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the Doo carbon fiber. Love it. The fit and comfort is really good. Had the 509 Burandt and sold it after 1 ride. Didn't care for taht one at all.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love my Suomy - Crazy light compared to anything else I've tried. Also a lot more air-flow compared to anything else I've worn. No more over-heating problems for me.
Haven't had a chance to ride one but all my buddies that are hardcore into dirt swear by them.

Lanko

Reaction score
Big fan of Troy Lee Designs, pricey but worth it in my opinion, very light, fit really nice, pretty extensive colour/design options, and a few different models/styles to choose from, they also fit oversized googles perfect(no gaps).

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have the Doo carbon fiber. Love it. The fit and comfort is really good. Had the 509 Burandt and sold it after 1 ride. Didn't care for taht one at all.

What at do these helmets weight? State what size you are wearing.

motofist alpha... Needs more foam for comfort around the top. Feels like I am wearing a bike helmet. As well the eye port is so large it's hard to find goggles that fit and seal.

anyone try on a airoh helmet? No one in town has any.

Xfmontana

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at an Klim f4 ece anyone know where I can try one on none at ralfs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
talking with some, people are using downhill bike helmets. Anyone on here using a DH helmet, do they work for our conditions?

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What at do these helmets weight? State what size you are wearing.

motofist alpha... Needs more foam for comfort around the top. Feels like I am wearing a bike helmet. As well the eye port is so large it's hard to find goggles that fit and seal.

anyone try on a airoh helmet? No one in town has any.

Suomy Alpha XXL - 1350 grams.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zru8Cd2LfpU

Quattroman

Reaction score
I have a DH bike helmet i use for quadding sometimes if its hot out... But it would be FREEZING cold to wear anywhere near sledding temps. WAY too much ventalation

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know its Motorfist but I believe my Motorfist Dominator is 1250grams. I got it cheap$150, but I think theyre discontinued now. Fly Racing makes quality stuff IMO. Shoei would be nice but waaay too much dough$$$
821d51e87f6a52a9721971db2a970369.jpg

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the carbon fiber from BRP at the sled show. weight is 1200 grams for a large. If I needed a new lid this year I was going to go with it, but maybe next year.
OPEN-FACE - Ski-Doo »

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't think you can always trust the listed weights - 1350 grams is for the 2XL helmet. Listed weights are probably the XXXSMALL helmets. The shell for my double-extra-fluffy heed is going to be a bit heavier.

Maybe we need to fill them with snow and hang them from a tree with a fish scale like someone did with sleds a few years ago.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the Kali avatar X. Made for downhill and isn't as vented as others. Weights in at 800gr, light years lighter and you can get them at mec.

Anyone jave ace first hand experience using a downhill helmet in winter?

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
talking with some, people are using downhill bike helmets. Anyone on here using a DH helmet, do they work for our conditions?

I used a Giro DH helmet for a couple of rides...found it too cold. You have to tape up all the vent to keep snow out. Might be good for warm spring days.

Since then I smashed it DH riding so I'm going to the Fly F2 carbon. It has a dual density liner and DOT as well as Snell rating.

Top Bottom