Helmet issue

Doo Man

Reaction score
I have a Modular 2 that I wear with a open face blavacava under it and I'm continually having issues with my glasses fogging up. My mask is worn as well. Any suggestions or ideas to prevent this?

Thanks for any help.

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Modular 2 that I wear with a open face blavacava under it and I'm continually having issues with my glasses fogging up. My mask is worn as well. Any suggestions or ideas to prevent this?

Thanks for any help.

contacts? Wife had same issue with goggles.

ftguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Small opening on the visor portion seems to help some but not eleininate it, Some modulars have complete nose pieces (BRP Modular). and the wife and I are looking at getting them.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks for any help.
Do you have a beard? Your mask may not be sealing properly. I have one too and I need to keep clean shaved to make it seal the best.

wade1974

Reaction score
I have the same issue but with a HJC CL MAX helmet. The helmet shield steams up as well as my glasses.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never seen anyone successfully sled with glasses on. I got contacts, prescription goggles are available (Pro-vue or something like that) or the laser surgery if you're a candidate.

wade1974

Reaction score
Check out smith optics for the otg fan goggles. I was just told about them in my post.

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
get contacts. you will not be disappointed you will always have that problem when wearing glasses, they are cheap and easy to get

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks for any help.

I need to see a picture of the mod.:d

wade1974

Reaction score
there are people out there that cannot wear contacts. I for one can't wear contacts and can't have laser surgery. I have a heated shield which they say will work great. Yet to see on my part.

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a BRP Modular helmet (now 6 years), and I have never had the visor or my glasses fog while wearing it. I do not wear a balaclava with it, I just wear a neck warmer, and all is good. There is obviously air that is not being ported properly out of the helmet if it is fogging up. Is there a hole in the mask? Have you tried not wearing the balaclava? The whole point of the BRP modular helmet is to remove the fog and I have never heard of anyone having issues with the BRP modular helmet before.

sasky

Reaction score
Me as well. No contacts and no laser surgery. I ride with glasses and have worn a BRP modular 2 helmet and balaclava for 2 seasons. No problems with fogging so far. I made a few adjustments to the straps on the mask and it works really well.

Top Bottom