Hello from the Badlands

kilowatt

Reaction score
I have been sledding around Drumheller for years on the river ,2 years ago was my first time to the mountains we went to Atlas and then down to Fernie, its nice to find a local forum that talks about areas I am familiar with, I have 2 older sleds 96 Arctic Cat EXT 580 EFI MC and a 93 EXT 580 MC the 93 has a dropped and rolled chaincase and it was piped and the cylinders were ported and polished so it goes pretty good.

Kilowatt

GRD

Reaction score
I have been sledding around Drumheller for years on the river ,2 years ago was my first time to the mountains we went to Atlas and then down to Fernie, its nice to find a local forum that talks about areas I am familiar with, I have 2 older sleds 96 Arctic Cat EXT 580 EFI MC and a 93 EXT 580 MC the 93 has a dropped and rolled chaincase and it was piped and the cylinders were ported and polished so it goes pretty good.

Kilowatt

Welcome to the site... What is the length of those tracks?

kilowatt

Reaction score
The 96 has a 136" track with 1 1/4" lugs and the 93 is 136" with 1 1/2 lugs and it sits 2" higher than the 96 due to the dropped chain case.

Kilowatt

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Kilowatt. My guess is you work at the powerplant!!! Hey if your ever looking for parts for that 93 give me a PM I have a 93 EXT Special wasting away. YES :eek: I owned a Arctic Cat before BUT now I don`t. We all learn, some quicker than others HAHAHA

kilowatt

Reaction score
Hey Sledderglen your not to far off I am an electrician in Drumheller.

kilowatt

bergy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site kilowatt. We sure didn't get much riding around here this year did we:( There's always next year

CdnWrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome Kilowatt...

So, how did that first trip to the mountains make you feel...? Anything like you were in Heaven :D

Kilowatt

kilowatt

Reaction score
The first time I went to the mountains was unreal, out in Drumheller when you get 6" of snow you think its great the you go to mountains and get that old 96 580 EXT buried in 15' of snow and then you try to lift it up and sink up to your waist in snow it was great,I went to Colemen this weekend with 10 other guys it was a great time and very entertaining and didn't get stuck once.

Kilowatt

Top Bottom