New & Dry

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New to the forum, new to the sport.

Been a dirtbiker all my life and having been riding KTM's for the last 10 years. Mostly ride single track in the Rockies but have done a few trips to Moab and area to ride slickrock and dunes.
I have a place in BC just west of Fernie which I completed building this summer so it is ready for year-round fun. Year round fun means snow machines there. I also have a couple of Quads - one is a Yamaha 550 Grizzly and an older Kawasaki that is built like a tank.

My initiation into the new age sledding will be on a 05 Ski-Doo Renegade 600 HO SDI that has only about 1200 miles on it and in almost perfect shape. I have done one mod and that is to put a pair of Pilot 6.9 skis on it. I will probably have to raise the bars as well but I need to get out and learn how to ride it first to see how it feels. I haven't ridden a sled in more than 20 years (when sit down or kneel was the only way to ride). I felt like a goofball when I took it for a test ride in a farmers stubble field.

I hoped to ride from the Morrissey staging area as it is a 15 minute drive for me there but heard that it was closed this year. I can't see any other place to access it from the 93 highway south of Elko as the Elk river runs through there and the pipeline goes under the river.

Thats all for the intro...but I'm sure I will have a lot of questions in the next few days and weeks!

Puckaneer19

Reaction score
Welcome Marley, lots of information on this site once you get searching!:cool:
I'm new to the site too and I am getting to know the various places to search riding areas etc. I did grow up riding a lot but I am getting re-introduced to the mountain terrain side of it.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
:welcome: Enjoy the camaraderie and the banter. :xmas2004_15:

PS yes, Morrissey is closed this year. It was closed last year and will be closed for 2 more years possibly. They are logging and the road is plowed, therefore, no snowmachines.

Coal Creek in Fernie is the staging area for the Rolling Hills, the Notch, Matheson, and Marten Creek. You can go south of Morrissey on the LodgePole FSR and into Harvey, MacLatchie, and the Flathead.

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Coal Creek in Fernie is the staging area for the Rolling Hills, the Notch, Matheson, and Marten Creek. You can go south of Morrissey on the LodgePole FSR and into Harvey, MacLatchie, and the Flathead.

Thanks for the info. Lots to explore.

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping to attend. There are several of us from Kragmont who will probably go. I will know in a few days who is in.

Top Bottom